Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ive got a picture thread in the Matchbox forum, but have been requested to start a thread of my Bburago models.

I hope some people enjoy them. Will update over time :)

Benz

Benz

Alfa Romeo 2300 Spider 1932

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
You're awesome Battle Scar! Thanks for the pics! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

A baby blue Lancia Aurelia B24 ?!? I have the common white/red interior one and the Kit red/black with the hardtop (as far as I know the kit was the the only way to get that hardtop). Most of my cars are stored at my Moms house, I don't have the room at my house. I do have the box for the kit down here though, pic below.

I need to find that fly yellow F-40 to go with my fly yellow '57 Testarossa (also only found in kit form).

Impressive collection of the GP racers and impressive photo work :thumbsup:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No worries at all :) thanks for your kind comments. The blue Lancia.... My favourite of the whole lot!

Will get some more photos over the next few days. Im very new with the camera, so practice will make perfect.

Most of mine are 1:18 scale but have some 24th's also.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Thanks for sharing this part of your collection with these exquisite shots!:thumbsup:
I, too, have several Bburago pieces in my collection, all 1:24 scale. You can't beat the price for the detail that you get!

I copied and pasted from my database:

Ferrari 250 LeMans red 1965
Mercedes - Benz 300 SL Gullwing silver 1954
Mercedes - Benz S S K cream & brown 1928
Lamborghini Countach 5000 Quattro. black 1988
Jaguar XK 120 Roadster dark green 1948
Jaguar XK 120 Coupe white 1948
Ferrari 275 GTB 4 red 1966
Ferrari 250 GTO red 1962
Porsche 959 Turbo red 1986
Ferrari F - 40 red 1987
Dodge Viper GTS Coupe blue 1996
Citroen Tracton Avant 15cv black 1938
Chevrolet Corvette white & red 1957
Bugatti Type 55 red 1932
Bugatti Atlantic blue 1936
A. C. Cobra Ford 427 red 1965
Ferrari Testa Rossa red 1957

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad someone is enjoying them! :)

you have a very nice collection there. Would love some of those for myself. Will have to keep an eye out in shops.

most of mine are 1:18 scale but I have about half as many in 1:24. Will take some photos of those ones eventually.

I should really create a list of all mine, I have spreadsheets for all my matchbox cars, just not these.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
This thread brought back some memories.I remember seeing a lot of this stuff in the late '80's.They actually used to sell Bburago stuff on the Home Shopping Channel a long time ago as well.I actually have a couple of Ferraris kicking around here somewhere that I had gotten from there.

I was poking around a bit on the internet......Some of this early stuff seems to going for big money now??

Not that I would sell any of my stuff,because it was all bought for me as gifts.Just curious,I see a lot of models out there that I remember going for some pretty good coin.

Mike

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Mike,

Thanks for that. Late 80's would be about right. I was born in '87 and my parents bought them for me as a kid. I wasnt "allowed" to play with them, unfortunately, I didnt always listen and now some are damaged or missing pieces. Some were untouched though.

As for selling.... It's never crossed my mind, nor has a profitable figure.

I'm just glad I finally have my own place where they can be displayed and enjoyed. :)

Cheers

·
Registered
206 Posts
very nice photos...

bburago was my first 1/18 diecast ever.

it was about $30~$50 about more then 10 years ago.

I was only 3rd grade and didnt have that much money.. I still remember standing at showcase... it was great just looking at them..

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
very nice photos...

bburago was my first 1/18 diecast ever.

it was about $30~$50 about more then 10 years ago.

I was only 3rd grade and didnt have that much money.. I still remember standing at showcase... it was great just looking at them..
Now that you mention it,I do remember them being in the 30 to 50 dollar range.

This was the days before the internet.So up until the Bburago stuff started to show up here in store,the only large scale diecast I was really aware of was the Franklin Mint,and the only reason that I knew of them was because they always had a full page ad in the magazine section of the sunday paper.

And none of these ever went for less then $125 each,and that was a lot back then.

The Bburago stuff seemed like a bargain I guess.Twice the size for half the price.

Mike

·
Registered
994 Posts
Looking at these pics, it's amazing how much diecast quality has progressed. Just look at the more recent Bburagos (they're only $20 each too for the metal kits...)

·
Premium Member
14,470 Posts
I bought 1/24 scale Bbruago models in the late '70's from Auto World. They were under $10 plus shipping back then.

I bought my first 1/18 scale Bbruago model around 1983, and I'm pretty sure I paid $14.95 plus tax for a 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO.

In 1983 I thought the detail was very good on the 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO for around $15 plus tax, and I think it still is a decent model almost 30 years later.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts