Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was considering purchasing a Bauer Ford Gt ( I just like the body style of the ones done well not the AW). When I looked at them closely they seem to be on the expensive side ( I read that they're a limited production is this the reason) but the quality doesn't look seem to be as good as the Tomy's Ford GTs. I've only seen them on the internet so I was hoping somebody could clarify this for me.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Having a GT collection, eh? I don't know about the Bauer but I thought the AWs looked pretty good. I got rid of mine to get muscle cars but, I did like them.

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
The Bauers are BEAUTIFUL, too nice to run. They're expensive because they only made a few hundred of each color. I think the detail is outstanding, better than the AW or Tomys. Don't get me wrong, I really like the AW and Tomys, they're great for running, but as far as looks go, Bauer beats them hands down IMO.

If you get a Bauer, don't race it, while they look better, they're not as strong and it might shatter if it hits a wall. They're for Sunday driving only!

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I've had all of the first series twice. They look pretty good except they are short and squatty compared to the actual cars. They are on Tyco chassis. The decals come off the tires very easily. The decals on the body are not that durable. I think they look really good, but in my opinion the Tomy ones have much better proportions.

I bought my Baurs from Umphi's Slot Box out of Germany for $49 each. I bought two 4 car sets. I sold one set on ebey. Three of the cars sold for around $150 each and the Gulf colors one sold for over $200.

I ran the other Gulf car on a Tyco chassis for a while, then decided to put it back on its chassis and sell off that set too. I felt I didn't need to be playing with cars that could sell for that kind of money.

How much are they going for these days?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Bauer GT40s...

I would have to agree with VJ- I bought two (couldn't afford all for at $50 each plus shipping when they were new). Now I think there is 6 or 8 total. Limited run, look extremely nice. BUT- most definetly on the fragile side. Both of mine hit the track- cautiously and solo.. They are Tyco chassis's versus Tomy as originally stated...

Want something to RACE - racemaster's look pretty sweet. Don't have an AWs, but initially they look off in dimensions.. kinda like the JL vipers...

For the colletion a must- for the track... don't blink... for a second.. LOL

-Marc and Marcus

·
Registered
964 Posts
The AWs are the 2005 Ford GT and the AFXs are the GT40 (circa 60's). Different cars. I'm sure most of you guys know that. I think they both look really good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts