Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
da-roop-doop-doop-doop. That's a great looking build! Brr-chirp-chirp-chirp.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thank you SJF and Model Man, or is it Keyop? Brrrt, Toot!

I watched a few episodes from the show as I went along for ideas and inspiration, and wow, it was not nearly as good as I thought it in 1981!

The ship still looks good though.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Back in the 80's I was a member of a club and they would show a film from one of these shows, I've forgotten the name but we had one guy there that was working with a company that was turning the ones from Japan into ones for the USA channels. There are still being shown too.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thank you Falcon, that is an interesting interpretation of the design.

I picked up one of the Imai resin kits of the tv version the week that I finished my scratch build. There have been some on Ebay for several years at ridiculous prices, but I scored the resin one for just under a hundred $, from a Japanese comic store.

Even the diecast ones on ebay are stupid prices, I can't understand it.

·
Banned
2,726 Posts
Thank you Falcon, that is an interesting interpretation of the design.

I picked up one of the Imai resin kits of the tv version the week that I finished my scratch build. There have been some on Ebay for several years at ridiculous prices, but I scored the resin one for just under a hundred $, from a Japanese comic store.

Even the diecast ones on ebay are stupid prices, I can't understand it.
Here is another shot.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Thank you Dubau, yes the overpriced resin kits that I saw on ebay are what got me started on this.
I used the paper model book that is still available there for the patterns, just had them blown up.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I was just looking up BothP Phoenix pics and wanting to buy a model kit and then you display this fabulous scratch-built model. Awesome job.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I gotta tell you, since seeing this thread the wheels have been turning in my head about doing the same build. I have ordered the book you did to get something to work from. I'd like to do a version with each team member's vehicles in it though. Gotta raise the bar, you know? :)

Guess I'd have to make it bigger. Maybe 1/72 or so.

Love this ship and your build!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thank you Wander!

Shizman, I'd love to see your build if you go ahead with it. I have a small G-1 plane and Keyop's tank thingy to go along with this, but haven't finished them yet. The Imai resin one comes with a tiny Jason's car, too.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts