Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there folks, just popping in to show off my recently finished Phoenix from Gatchaman or Battle of the Planets.

It was scratchbuilt from jelutung wood, perspex, sheet styrene and a few other bits and pieces. Sprayed with Tamiya primer (and lots of it!) then sprayed with Tamiya TS-49 Bright Red and TS-44 Brilliant Blue. The gunmetal areas are airbrushed with XF-56 Metallic Grey. Went through LOTS of masking tape on this, too.

I used drawings from a paper model book that I bought online blown up 200% as patterns for most of the parts. No idea what scale it would be, but she is 335mm long and 300mm wing span.

As I had most of the materials to hand it didn't cost that much. Maybe $60 for primer and paint.

Love to hear what you think!

More pics and progress shots here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/118037...authkey=Gv1sRgCNTYveeq3vr1gAE&feat=directlink

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
314 Posts
You've done a wonderful job, it looks great. This ship is my second favortite God Phoenix, right after the one from the Gatchaman OVAs. Well done.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Flippin fantastic. I love this ship. I used to race home from school to watch BotP every day. I used to have the old Bandi (?) kit years ago. You did a great job on this scratchbuild. Love it!

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I got that model when I lived in Hawaii, but as I had lost almost of the parts and the instruction sheet all I could do was fool around with with it, now it sits on my bookcase not done. I'll try to get some photos of it. after all, I watched the anime show of it over in Hawaii.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I have a small poster from Japan for that show and it was images on it for Phoenix along with the other figures of the show. if you want I could podt one or two on Sunday, let me know if you would like to see them.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
That's an fantastic looking build! Heck, I'd actually refer to it as a beautiful work of art. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Looks like it popped off the cel.....fantastic.
I have the small posters (they do fold up) hanging on my wall along with other ones (some not posters but taken of magazines) of the good guys they have in Japan. I use my Canon A620 to take the photos and then edit their size for posting. I even have some LP's for many of the superheros in Japan.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts