Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any one know of some way to run a 2c lipo in a car mande for 7.2v batters its only .2 volts deff .

it would be easyer for me to let my brother run his truck but i haft to charge batterys all the time witch mains more pit space and i pride my selfe of taking up and little space as i can so others to have space to.

its like 4 batterys totle in a race days and about 2 batterys to play around to get a fill for the track before hand.

where i can run the same battery all day.

·
Registered
382 Posts
That two tenths of a volt is not going to make a difference. If you look at the entire discharge voltage of the batteries. A NIMH will start out at around 8.5 volts, same as a LIPO. The average voltage of a lipo is going to be 7.0 to 7.2 for the entire discharge where as a NIMH is going to be lower, more like 6.8 to 6.5.
The important thing is not to run the LIPO below 6 volts. I do not see a problem running the LIPO if it makes things easier for you.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
It will run just fine.. It will be more powerful and get longer run times.
You need a Lipo Compatible charger.
If you have two people at the track you can take up pit space for two people. You pay your entry fees just like any body else.
Like was mentioned in the the other post. Just make sure not to run them down too far. There probably is not a lipo cut off in the Evader ESC. You could add one as a protection.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea it will need one just needed to know so i didnt fry it. and i know its just some times there just more ppl then pits its helps you know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts