Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone would have a pic of their setup as to hooking up the 5 cell battery to the reciever? I can't seem to figure this one out.

Richard

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Give me a day or so. I am in the process of completely re-running all of my receiver wiring. I will post a picture in a day or so.

Maybe somebody else will be able to provide one immediately?

Joe

·
Registered
541 Posts
this is what my deal looks like .. small radio type pigtail soldered to the battery pack .
a receiver box with on/off switch mounted inside , battery plugs into switch ,
switch plugs into receiver ..hope this helps

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So it looks like you use the smaller wire soldered to the battery pack and not the deans 12 guage wire? Am I thinking this out right?

Richard

·
Registered
6 Posts
The easiest is to get a male servo lead (or battery lead) from your hobby shop (or a spare from a old servo or lead). Several companies make them such as MPI. Then solder the pos/neg leads to the batteriy pos/neg. This can either be connected directly to the battery (easiest) or to another lead (i.e. deans 12guage) that is connected to the battery (although the additional lead is not necessary). You will then be able to plug the battery into a radio switch.

An alternative method is to use deans or sermos plugs on the end of the battery and then add a deans/sermos in the place of the futaba/jr plug on the switch lead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts