Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Just find a reputable matcher and follow their dirrections !!!!!!

Too many opinions otherwise :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
NCFRC said:
Just find a reputable matcher and follow their dirrections !!!!!!

Too many opinions otherwise :thumbsup:
I think he was asking which manufacturer(not matcher) was better Infusion Power or Intellect Battery. I also am wondering if anyone has used IP 4200's yet, and how they liked them.

Chuck

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
This is obviously an opinion question, so this is my opinion. The two are very close on the track, nearly identical. IP's seem to be faster up front while IB's are faster at the end of the run.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I've tested both & find the Ip's to be better in 19t,brushless & mod. I have both World champion IB's & the latest IP4200's it really just depends on what class you run. What I do like is with the IP's they are similar to our old GP cells and can be charged harder if you choose.W/o venting unlike the IB's.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Your really splitting hairs here , one touch of the wall and the battery equation is out the window.
They both have more power than the average racer really needs :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I am mostly interested in the quality of the construction of the different cells. For instance, is one more prone to venting, shorting or exploding? It is also possible that, due to differing production processes, one manufacturer may consistently produce cells with slightly better performance properties than the other.

Chuck

·
Registered
831 Posts
NCFRC said:
Your really splitting hairs here , one touch of the wall and the battery equation is out the window.
They both have more power than the average racer really needs :thumbsup:
Why don't you try running mod with your "beloved spec packs" then????

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have not tried the IP's yet but I have compaired the IB's to GP's and find the following. The IB's do not charge quite as high but have a much flatter discharge curve where the GP's have a higher initial charge but discharge faster.

Chris

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
if you are looking for durability, the IP's is the choice.. you can beat the crap out of them and they take it.. the IB;s are very sensetive.. I have two packs, and the third day i raced them both packs vented.. maybe 8 runs on each pack.. my Ip practice cells have never veen cared for properly.. they cycle out just as good as the IB's ive cared for..

·
Registered
336 Posts
Its impossible to have a clear cut winner.To many packs are out there.A fresh ip or ib pack will seem better than a 2 month old ip or ib.And you always have those packs of both that just run on the track no matter what the numbers say after the cycle.From my testing,the IP cells overall seem to hold better internals and higher voltage ,but seem to loose runtime alot faster than the IB cells.(dont forget to put some charge back in after a run).The IB cells for me tend to Have higher internals(not by much) just slightly lower voltage but seem to sustain more runtime overtime.
Also both cells have different voltage curves.The IP cells start stronger but seem to fall off harder,while the IB cells seem to be a couple points lower up front but really pull at the end of the cycle.IF i were running stock i would vote for the IP and IB for mod. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts