Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forget the speeedo issue! I have just found a way to double the voltage in a single cell batt. It is all done with out the need of program updates and lap-tops. I discovered this by chance when I was trying your super secret hot wing sauce reciepe (which buy the way is legal buy tour rules) and my daughter put my lipos in the sauce with the wings. I know what your thinking ,there goes Gregs batts but much to my suprise I cycled them and found out the voltage went to 8.44 nominal!:) But the really great thing was what i discovered when i put a probe in side the batt and the temp was 120 deg and yet the out side was within 3 deg of room temp. i dont know how this is going to track test because my local track shut down years ago and the closest track is 4hrs away. If anybody is reading this ,dont try it , it is just an attempt to cheer steve up after all of the negative vibes certain people are giving him. My advice to those negative individuals is Quit drinking the HATERAIDE and get back to racing. THANK YOU STEVE FOR THE TIME AWAY FROM YOUR FAMILY AND THE BS YOU HAVE HAD TO PUT UP WITH FOR TRYING TO BRING THIS DISFUNCTINAL OVAL FAMILY TOGETHER. dee ta dee

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Forget the speeedo issue! I have just found a way to double the voltage in a single cell batt. It is all done with out the need of program updates and lap-tops. I discovered this by chance when I was trying your super secret hot wing sauce reciepe (which buy the way is legal buy tour rules) and my daughter put my lipos in the sauce with the wings. I know what your thinking ,there goes Gregs batts but much to my suprise I cycled them and found out the voltage went to 8.44 nominal!:) But the really great thing was what i discovered when i put a probe in side the batt and the temp was 120 deg and yet the out side was within 3 deg of room temp. i dont know how this is going to track test because my local track shut down years ago and the closest track is 4hrs away. If anybody is reading this ,dont try it , it is just an attempt to cheer steve up after all of the negative vibes certain people are giving him. My advice to those negative individuals is Quit drinking the HATERAIDE and get back to racing. THANK YOU STEVE FOR THE TIME AWAY FROM YOUR FAMILY AND THE BS YOU HAVE HAD TO PUT UP WITH FOR TRYING TO BRING THIS DISFUNCTINAL OVAL FAMILY TOGETHER. dee ta dee
In a related finding......I heated my receiver pack and picked up .1 a lap, gets the signal to the throttle faster I guess ..............:p;):tongue:......LOL

·
Registered
772 Posts
I used my heating pad last night at greeneville. I sat on it to stay warm. Picked up 2 laps. The Mamba didn't help as my setup was off.

Good post Greg.

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,799 Posts
I wasn't gonna say anything before I had a chance to test it BUT, I heard that XYZ tire company is developing a completely new rim and tire design specifically for 1cell racing!
Shhh! Mums the word!

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
That was the greatest post i have ever read i fell of of my chair!!! I know this is funny but everyone is bound to come out with something to try and go faster!!! The master once said "it's only cheating if you get caught" does anyone know who I am talking about???

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,799 Posts
That was the greatest post i have ever read i fell of of my chair!!! I know this is funny but everyone is bound to come out with something to try and go faster!!! The master once said "it's only cheating if you get caught" does anyone know who I am talking about???
I'm gonna guess either Richard Petty or Dale Earnhardt Sr.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I think it was Smokey Yunick. One story says he was tearing down a motor for a protest. As he took off parts he would wash them in a barrel of parts cleaner before handing them to the offical for checking. The illegal cam shaft was droped into the dirty barrel and the legal one was pulled out and given to the offical.

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,799 Posts
I'll probably be struck by lightning for saying this on a public forum but, King Richard was a definitive rules bender.
Most people have heard the story where they filled the roll cage with fuel. There are more stories like that in a book, the name of which escapes me right now.

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Don't forget about the roll cages made from thin wall tubing, to save on weight.

The underpan one one of the cars, I do believe that was a Smokey car. He would have things out on it to draw attention away from the underbelly. It worked too, until the car flipped upside down.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
we used a leight weight flywheel in are late model and the stock one was in the tool box with the torch on it slid the box under the car and gave them the stock one and put the leight one in the box it was like magic

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Now Greg your a funny guy. Did you get that reciept from the mexican resturant we went to at the ovalmasters or from FATZ!
Pembertons backup driver

·
Registered
155 Posts
The dumbest thing I have ever had said to me in tech with a stock 4 class that the rule book said no port matching. The tech guy ran a scope down the intake. Then turned to me and said I cant tell where the intake stops and the head strats. Next week you better have another intake on this car. I hate to tell him but he should have not been wored by the intake but the head.

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,799 Posts
The dumbest thing I have ever had said to me in tech with a stock 4 class that the rule book said no port matching. The tech guy ran a scope down the intake. Then turned to me and said I cant tell where the intake stops and the head strats. Next week you better have another intake on this car. I hate to tell him but he should have not been wored by the intake but the head.

Now thats funny!:)

Apparently they had the wrong guys doing tech!:freak:

·
Registered
730 Posts
I'll probably be struck by lightning for saying this on a public forum but, King Richard was a definitive rules bender.
Most people have heard the story where they filled the roll cage with fuel. There are more stories like that in a book, the name of which escapes me right now.
Win #198 the motor was 30+ cubes too big :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts