Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that most people have had a chance to see the 1/64 Batmobile, what's your opinion? I think the casting as a whole is pretty sweet. The parachutes on the rear are even there, nicely detailed. I was a bit skeptical at first about the blue glass, but seeing it up close, it really doesn't bother me. Since they molded the middle section of the canopy (along with the gumball) out of the same plastic, it might actually show up better in blue than clear plastic against the gray interior. If I got picky, the steering wheel looks a little too large and cumbersome for the scale. But on the whole this is very nice. Can't wait for a rubber tires version. And the 1/18 scale looks perfect. Way to go Mattel :thumbsup:

Now, waiting until December for it, that I'm not too crazy about...

·
Registered
96 Posts
hi guys im still waiting to get my hands on a few of them i want 6 a couple for mods and a few for keeps , i cant find them here in my part of the world everybody else in oz are getting them i hope they leave mesome .
i use to luv watching the old batman , i would also like to get my hands on the 1/18 version to .

cheers barry.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
bazzel said:
hi guys im still waiting to get my hands on a few of them i want 6 a couple for mods and a few for keeps , i cant find them here in my part of the world everybody else in oz are getting them i hope they leave mesome .
i use to luv watching the old batman , i would also like to get my hands on the 1/18 version to .

cheers barry.
Better pre-order your 1:18 soon!!! Preorders are selling like hotcakes!!!

As far as the 1:64, Like Dragnet said, the steering wheel could be a little smaller, but overall, an awesome casting.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually found one on the pegs in a KB, two I got in trade, and another came as a raok. I'm keeping three and raoking a friend with the one I found at KB. If any others come my way, I'll roak them to whoever needs one.

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
from what I've seen, looks very acurate....

personnely, I don't care for it and I'm not into the comic/bat-crap..
..kinda glad I'm not the way guys are going ga-ga over this, paying high prices and grabbing as many as they can... hope the scalpers and Mattel make alot of money...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pablodragon said:
from what I've seen, looks very acurate....

personnely, I don't care for it and I'm not into the comic/bat-crap..
..kinda glad I'm not the way guys are going ga-ga over this, paying high prices and grabbing as many as they can... hope the scalpers and Mattel make alot of money...:rolleyes:
I agree that it's hard to figure why people ar hording them. I expect they'll be everywhere in time, but the scalpers are insane. I knew it would be a popular car with some, but had no idea it would end up on EekBay for the prices they were selling them for. I wanted one to open, one to keep in the package and a possible third for modifications. Thanks to the fine folks at HT, I managed to get mine without paying through the nose.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
My only complaint, and this is only for those who chose to open one, is that the red-orange pinstriping comes off very easily.

·
Registered
96 Posts
hi again finnaly got a batmobil got 4 in one hit with a couple of t hunts the camaro that made my day . and what i think of the model well for the price who,s winging not me i like them alot one of the best i have since i started collecting hw early last year .

cheers barry.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts