Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Round 2 1/25 Batmobile black plastic fins tips were perfect.

My white Deluxe Batmobile fin tips were deformed with the tip being severely bent down. I returned it to the online hobby shop and the replacement had a less deformed fin.

Is white plastic weaker or the chinese pulled it out the molds too fast?

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts

My white Deluxe Batmobile fin tips were deformed with the tip being severely bent down. I returned it to the online hobby shop and the replacement had a less deformed fin.

Wow, when I read this, I ripped open my Deluxe Batmobile to check, never claiming to be an expert, mine look fine to me. Are yours like this?????:confused:

·
Registered
3,549 Posts

Got any pics of the deformed fins??

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, when I read this, I ripped open my Deluxe Batmobile to check, never claiming to be an expert, mine look fine to me. Are yours like this?????:confused:
Wait, are yours glued down? On my first one it was the trunk part that had one fin bent down like a right angle. Even if glued it woukd leave a gap. The replacement trunk has a less deformed fin that would stay level if glued down.

I didn't take a picture of the first one but I should have for documentation return reasons.

·
Premium Member
2,616 Posts
Wait, are yours glued down? On my first one it was the trunk part that had one fin bent down like a right angle. Even if glued it woukd leave a gap. The replacement trunk has a less deformed fin that would stay level if glued down.

I didn't take a picture of the first one but I should have for documentation return reasons.
No, mine was not glued down, just pressed together, but it fit like a glove. I also saw no warping in the trunk lid, it has nothing to do with the fins so I didn't even think of taking a picture of it. Could you post a good closeup of the problem area? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
I built mine back in January and all the plastic moldings looked just fine. It won a merit award at Jaxcon in February and a merit award at Wonderfest this past May. It was definitely a nice kit and builds up well. I didn't use all the photo etch parts, maybe half of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts