Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw someone else here had made one of these so I thought I would give it a try. I used a Matchbox hearse from a couple of years ago and a Hotwheels Batmobile. Again it was a real tight fit to get the new top in place.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
A few years ago I got as far as wackin' the roof off the hearse but thought I determined it wouln't fit.
My hat's off to ya!!!

Maybe it was the back area that disueded me.
I'm anxious to see how you approach the rear door area.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All I need now is some little curtains for the windows. The rear section is tricky. I cut the very back section off and then filed it down until it would fit under the roof.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Excellent indeed!
That rear came out good, and I would have chosen those very same JL wheels :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the complements. As I was building this hearse I started looking into doing another one with a Futura base. Unfortunately the JL Futura is narrower car than the HW Batmobile. I picked up a Boulevard Futura but it looked about the same size as the JL car. I know I have a JL 1950's hearse around here somewhere. Hopefully it is narrower than the Matchbox one. If I ever find it I will see if this is something I can put on my project list. I gotta get me one of those garage dioramas to photograph my cars in too.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Best part about a Bathearse is that it even has a built in cremator out back thanks to the afterburner exhaust! :eek: ;)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Thanks for all the complements. As I was building this hearse I started looking into doing another one with a Futura base. Unfortunately the JL Futura is narrower car than the HW Batmobile. I picked up a Boulevard Futura but it looked about the same size as the JL car. I know I have a JL 1950's hearse around here somewhere. Hopefully it is narrower than the Matchbox one. If I ever find it I will see if this is something I can put on my project list. I gotta get me one of those garage dioramas to photograph my cars in too.
What about the earlier "Lesney era" Matchbox ambulance? Would that work? Or is it not long enough?

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
OMG, is Batman dead, or preparing for his own demise? Great job of morphing cars together!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The recent Matchbox ambulance looks a little too big for the Futura but it just might fit on the Batmobile and then I would have a Bat-ambulance. Cool!

Batman's not dead he just he just took on a second job due to hard economic times.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts