Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago I saw an eBay auction where a very talented guy fixed the top of an old pickup truck onto a 1:43 Corgi Batmobile. He then painted it gloss black and added red stripes and bats etc. He did really well with his auction. I think it sold for around $160. He said it was a one-off as there was too much metal work involved.

So later that week I found a black Matchbox 1950's pickup and thought I would try the same thing in 1:64 scale. I have lots of Hotwheels Batmobiles in storage so I pulled one out and started cuttin'. The eBay seller was right...it's a lot of cutting.

Here is what I started with

Everything is black so I used tape with a straight line in the middle to mark the location to cut.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Better fit

In addition to cutting with a Dremel there was lots of filing too

Back on the base with a new set of wheels

I added a tow hook for the Batboat

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your not kidding when you say the casting is narrow. The truck top took a lot of convincing and it just fit. As I was building this I wondered what else I could fit on top of a Batmobile. Stay tuned for "Batmobile as a base" - part 2.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys. If I were to do another one of these I think I would look for a truck top that didn't sit up quite so high.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Absolutely cool... Love the truck top... Gives it the look of a real Bat~Truck... I did one awhile back, but didn't do anything as custom as you did and mine came out morelike a Bat~Camino convertible !!!

I really like the look of your design... Very nice work !!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts