Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's what I don't like. I don't like paying some clown on Amazon $40 for a set that they ran over to the local Wal-mart and paid $20 for. I would have liked to buy that Hot Wheels set with the Camaro and Mustang that came out last year, but I never saw it in any of the local stores. In fact I think I have only seen three of the new Hotwheels Electric racing sets in stores, and it was always at Wal-mart.

Anyhow, I called Mattel today, and got some information. The set is scheduled for a mid-July release. She could not tell me where I could find it, but I will start at Wal-mart - then go to Toys R Us, Target and K-Mart. The movie should be a huge hit and the merchandising that goes with it should give it wide distribution.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
I don't care for the cars, but them back tires do look interesting!!! I wonder if they'll show up in the on line store... Those would make for some cool 4X4s!
Them back "tires" are:
A, decoration
B, molded to the body
C, the size of 4-gear rears that we replace them with after we dremel them off! :)

The real rears are skinny and hiding behind the plastic dummy wheels alla Turbotrain. :rolleyes:

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
IMHO, it has to do with shelf space, turnaround, and sales. Most retail, grocery especially stock a weeks worth of merchandise. If everything sells as anticipated, all the shelves
will have fresh stock every week. Department stores may be figured differently, but have the same basic concept.

Sadly, this generation's youth really don't look at slot cars and model trains like us older folk did when we were kids. Stuff that doesn't sell, gets discounted and disappears
from the order roster. The only time you generally see minimal exposure at retail shops is around Christmas, and even then the choices are limited to no more than a handful of either.
The days of drooling over cool boxed sets in a department store are pretty much over. If you're lucky, maybe there's a hobby shop close by that sells the stuff.

There is one other thing that killed retail, and that's the internet. No or low overhead ( on line sales only) mean lower prices. That poor hobby shop has rent to pay, and generally
overcharges (based on the on line price) just to keep the lights on. Sadly, in the not so long run, this problem usually kills the hobby store.

PS, Ralph, can you resize that picture to something a tad smaller? it's HUGE!!! :lol:

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Hey bubba
Can i trade you for a tumbler or two. I never was able to pick one up. what's u look for. I may have it.

Slotnut
w/ u got in 1/32's (NOT high dollar 1's, but in excellent shape w/ ALL da' parts
LOL...)

got 1 still in sealed packaging NOS-Un-Disputible ;-)
can through in some $$ 2 even out depending on w/ u have (MIB's) ???

Bubba 123

pm me :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Got all the HO versions of the Batmobile, and will definitely have to add the Camo version to the collection.

Batmobile and Tyco Petty cars are the only cars I collect. All the rest are just trade bait....lol.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts