Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Lovin' it :thumbsup:
What's a good paint to use on vinyl?...or does it matter...
Great job!
Denis

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Great job as always Denis but then we all know you are batty! The coloring on the entire kit is perfect and the shading really is realistic.

McDougall, the 3 or 4 vinyl kits I've done I've primed with Rustoleum primer and then painted with acrylics and it worked great. My only bad experience was priming a Pegasus WOW Martian with Krylon primer and finding that it never cured, it stayed tacky. I sprayed over that with the Rustoleum and no problem. Personally I'm not much of a fan of vinyl but if the subject is only available that way I will buy it.

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments!! They are very appreciated!:)

I used Dupli-Color primer and Tamiya Acrylics... no problems.

- Denis

·
Registered
165 Posts
Great work! You really captured the metallic look and color of his costume. So Cool! Curious to know if you stuffed his body with anything or did you leave him hollow? I'm going to build a vinyl kit and was debating if I should fill it or not.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Fantastic work on that! I think you did a great job of "transferring" the tones of the suit, as well as the flesh tones for the Kilmer version.

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, Griffworks!!

Great work! You really captured the metallic look and color of his costume. So Cool! Curious to know if you stuffed his body with anything or did you leave him hollow? I'm going to build a vinyl kit and was debating if I should fill it or not.
Thanks, Thunderbird!!

I went to Home Depot and purchased a can of expanding foam. They had three to choose from so I went with the middle one. It worked very nicely. Only cost $4.00 plus tax.

I mixed my own color starting with a base of Tamiya Gun Metal acrylic. Once I had the base coat finished, I sprayed a wash of Semi-Gloss Black over the suit to darken some areas and it really helped give me the look I wanted.

- Denis

·
Elder Statesman
1,885 Posts
Thanks, Griffworks!!

Thanks, Thunderbird!!

I went to Home Depot and purchased a can of expanding foam. They had three to choose from so I went with the middle one. It worked very nicely. Only cost $4.00 plus tax.

I mixed my own color starting with a base of Tamiya Gun Metal acrylic. Once I had the base coat finished, I sprayed a wash of Semi-Gloss Black over the suit to darken some areas and it really helped give me the look I wanted.

- Denis
I swear by the expanding foam, I used gun metal as well.

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, Chrisisall and Daikaiju1!! Much appreciated!!

I can't stand to look at it, deek. Oh, your modeling is superb - but I hated Val Kilmer as Batman.

Sorry. :rolleyes:
Thanks, Mark!! I've enjoyed all the Batman movies except the second Michael Keaton... did not like that one at all.... and the last one with Heath Ledger as the Joker... he did a terrific job, but overall, was just way too dark for me!

As far back as I can remember, I've been a Batman fan. To me, he's just way cool! And I'm glad they've made all the movies.

- Denis

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Excellent work Dennis!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
The suit looks great.

Chris.:)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Very well done! I've only ever assembled my Robin kit from this movie, but I think you have inspired me to do my Batman and Riddler kits as well. Great job once again!!

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks, again, for the great comments! They are really appreciated!:)

I've never seen any of the other kits in this series, if they're as nice as this one was, I might have to look into them.

- Denis

1 - 20 of 20 Posts