Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Biggest motor sport event of the year for this part of the world. 6 hour endurance race. The only reason I will move from the TV is to go to the bathroom. Just think 650 hp Taxi's. Holden = Chevrolet on this side of the world. So it's Ford vs Chev!!!!

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Biggest motor sport event of the year for this part of the world. 6 hour endurance race. The only reason I will move from the TV is to go to the bathroom. Just think 650 hp Taxi's. Holden = Chevrolet on this side of the world. So it's Ford vs Chev!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUl8q7U9V8E&feature=related
I love Ozzie v8's whish we had more coverage and Bathurst is by far one of the cooliest tracks on the planet.

Dave

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check out Utube in a few days there should be some coverage by them. Qualifying is on there already.
Yes Bathurst is a real drivers track. Hoping to see 300kph on the back straight this year maybe??? 298kph(186mph) was the fastest speed last year. Yee Haaa!!!!!

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
REALLY stupid question...

how do you pronounce Bathurst? i've been admiring DownUnda muscle cars for years and I never heard that word out loud...

is it bat-hurst or bath-erst? or something else? you can all laugh at me now if you want...

--rick

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Baath-hurst!!!! Not a stupid question. American English is more correct to the way words are spelt.

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Check out Utube in a few days there should be some coverage by them. Qualifying is on there already.
Yes Bathurst is a real drivers track. Hoping to see 300kph on the back straight this year maybe??? 298kph(186mph) was the fastest speed last year. Yee Haaa!!!!!
No way from Skyline up and back down to the dipper is where ya get to really show your worth..zoom zoom baby...

Dave

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Try this one then! The driver slows down just as he gets onto Conrod straight because the 2 cars behind him crash.

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
That was a awesome Vid Kdave. Before I cam back to slots I was a notrious Sim racer and I never lost at bathurst, dunno some guys hated racing there i just ate it up ( Sim racing guys sim racing). its a no fear track or you'll be way to slow..lol.. now back to watch the vid again..lol

Dave

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've done plenty of laps on the Xbox!!!! Did you know these are public roads for the rest of the year??

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,709 Posts
SPEED stopped showing the Aussie V8 Supercars after 2007 unfortunately (so they could have more time for 'reality' shows like Stinks and Drag Race High :rolleyes:).

Bathhurst used to be clipped to two hours. I burned a couple seasons of coverage to DVD before SPEED dropped it. Sometimes I replay the races on my track video screens while we are racing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cmon Davo tell the guys that Holden=Chev have 7 out of the top ten places on the starting grid, Ford have the other 3 Cmon the Chevs,will be sitting on my butt all day watching the GREAT RACE

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dudes!!!!! There you are! 2 more Kiwi's!!! Look out guys here we come. Dirty old Holdens will fall apart. Go the Fords!!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts