Hobbyist Forums banner

Batcycle decals update - Photo

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  The Batman 
#1 ·
Holy Accuracy Batman!

Okay guys, I am still working on my prototypes to make these the best things out there. This shot shows the drivers side of the Batcycle cowl. The yellow arrows are pointing to the edge where the decals will be trimmed even closer (they come as the photograph shows) and the edge will be sealed with flat black paint as on the original bike.

More to come, I am working on them and I apologize for the delays.

The waterslide set WILL NOT include the white areas only the bats, R, S, and chest logos.

I am out of town this weekend but back at it on Monday. Have a great one.

Andy

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
EXCELLENT, Mr. Garringer! EXCELLENT! ( Bela Lugosi accent )

I'm using the PL Decals to restore my old Aurora Batcycle. I'm also using parts from the PL kit to replace the missing parts from my old Aurora ( the SIDE CAR attachment that Robin's Go-Cart sits on ). I've also PAINTED the white areas on this restoration.... I more or less want to build it up the way I would have when it was first released - straight Out of the Box.

I'll buy another PL Batcycle to ACCURIZE and take advantage of PL's improvements. These new decals are looking Fantastic! Be sure to keep us all posted on your progress - and about the Batgirl Cycle decals, too!

- GJS

ANDY - In order to use these decals ( shown above ) the scribed lines on the plastic parts will have to be filled in and and sanded smooth, am I correct?

#6 · (Edited)
The Batman said:
EXCELLENT, Mr. Garringer! EXCELLENT! ( Bela Lugosi accent )

I'm using the PL Decals to restore my old Aurora Batcycle. I'm also using parts from the PL kit to replace the missing parts from my old Aurora ( the SIDE CAR attachment that Robin's Go-Cart sits on ). I've also PAINTED the white areas on this restoration.... I more or less want to build it up the way I would have when it was first released - straight Out of the Box.

I'll buy another PL Batcycle to ACCURIZE and take advantage of PL's improvements. These new decals are looking Fantastic! Be sure to keep us all posted on your progress - and about the Batgirl Cycle decals, too!

- GJS

ANDY - In order to use these decals ( shown above ) the scribed lines on the plastic parts will have to be filled in and and sanded smooth, am I correct?
Batman, I've got a question......

I'm having a bit of a problem with the forward cowling. I cemented it to make it fit into the mounting holes of the cycle frame, but found that that made it too wide for the windshield. I re-positioned it to fit the windshield better, now it's too wide to reach the mounting holes. :(

I've covered the small "brace" area of the windshield with bare-metal foil, and sealed the windshield with Future. I've scraped the Future off of the areas that will be in contact with any kind of adhesive. What I plan on doing is going ahead and cementing the windshield with Weld-On 3, and then forcing the tabs into the mounting holes after the Weld-On has cured for a couple days. I hope that with a welded seam, the windshield will not part company with the cowling.

Good idea, or bad idea? (Mind you, the cowling is already painted.)

#17 · (Edited)
BatFanMan said:
Is there any particular reason that I cannot see the decals? Maybe I'm going blind...
This is a WAAAY old thread, Fred, from back in 2003. Andy Garringer ( who made the decals ) was on AOL back then, and now he's on MSN. Apparently Andy has left the modeling hobby behind and turned over all of his Batcycle accurizing decals to Tom Parker. It's not known just yet if any of the decals are still available ( see the related topics over on the PLBB. Especially "For General Ursus - about Batcycle Decals").

- GJS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.