Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the last of the Cunningham Stable. I tried something different when it came to sizing this one. I calculated the size to 1/64th. Not the wheels. That left me without a wheel match. So I had to start over using a set of Greenlight wheels. So there went 3 hours I won't see again. I'm now back on track.

·
Administrator
37,073 Posts
Nice whittlin' on both!

Will a set of 1:72 or 1:87 wheels work with the smaller body?

·
Registered
5,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice whittlin' on both!

Will a set of 1:72 or 1:87 wheels work with the smaller body?
Dunno..... The smallest ones I have look awkward.
I do know that to make the vents and windscreen for the smaller one would have been a bear. Just finished those and I don't see me making them for the little one.

·
Administrator
37,073 Posts
Not trying to spend your money or use your time but do you have a mini lathe?

·
Registered
5,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not trying to spend your money or use your time but do you have a mini lathe?
No. I don't have a lathe. But that would be a killer addition to my tool arsenal.

Got a few more things to do to the TIPO 63. Something's gone afoul with my printer. It's not printing color right. I'm hoping I have enough Cunningham stripes to finish this. I located some 7's in roundels last night. I'm hoping to find some stripes when I clean this mess up in the work room. The mess has got out of hand..... It happens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts