Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just when I think I have a stable complete I find another car or three to include. These three will go into the Cunningham Stable. I SWEAR ! ! ! These will finish out this stable COMPLETE ! Every type and variant.

This is what It's supposed to resemble when done. And the start to get there. The other two are laid out and blocked. But the 151 is going to be attempted first, just 'cause I want to see it ! Not like me to go for the most difficult first.

CunninghamMaserati151.jpg 20200618_105512.jpg

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got the wheel wells ground out before going on to the shaping. I've learned to set the wheel well shape very close to the start of the carving process. The wheel wells seem to offer a better perspective to the shape of the bottom of the car..... For me at least. When they're established shaping starts

Attachments

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Got a usable roof on the first "throw." That's a good thing because no one is making the clear plastic as of now and I'm down to my last 50 sheets. Some of these roofs have taken as many as 5 sheets to get a good one. I'll be saving clear plastic pie-covers as well as the tins.

I decided to used decal material for the roof / frame. Figured if I couldn't get it to work I could always remove it. Guess what ? Worked pretty good. I can still trim it once I decide where the top of the window line goes.

Interior is next. It's very austere. Bare aluminum. Shin'eeeee !.And hot I'd bet.

20200623_144636.jpg 20200623_144435.jpg

20200622_144203.jpg 20200622_151251.jpg

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may take this one back down down to the wood again. While the decaled roofline worked pretty darn good. My decision to decal wrap the body may not have been the best choice. I think paint would have been better for that. Also I think the upper belt line might be a bit too high. If I could figure out where they were referencing those mid points on the blueprint it'd be a big help figuring out that belt line . I'm going to look at this several days and see how bad it bothers me.

CunninghamMas151RtFrtSd.jpg CunninghamMas151TopLftFrt.jpg CunninghamMas151LftRrSd.jpg CunninghamMaserati151.jpg CunninghamNo2MaseratiType151.jpg

·
Administrator
26,672 Posts
I see what you mean about both concerns you have. The driver side hood portion does look a bit thicker than the rest. And the roof and rear spaceing looks to be wider than the hoods spacing to me. But without it being pointed out to be a concern you have - it wouldnt have been obvious to me.

What does it look like placed in your display? Probably wouldnt be as noticeable to you there.

If you do decide to tweek them can you use the center line stripes of the blue prints to reshaped the width and spacing of the racing stripes?

As to the belt line the rear looks perfect but the front looks like it could be a bit lower to give the bottom of the door sill and door a more tapered appearance at the front fender.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts