Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got out of rc last year. i think i had too much stuff and not enough time. i had 2 t4s, a b4, hyper 7, monster gt, tc4, and an e-maxx. i sold them all last year. i have nothing now. i want to get back in. we have no race track, i just want to bash. i have been thinking of getting another t4 but i am looking at a stampede also. i will be putting a mamba maxx 7700 in something! i know what i can do with a t4 but i havent owned a pede or even seen one. what hop ups can i get, do they offer paddle tires, what size tires. i saw an article in rc car action but i cant find what issue it was in one had a carbon fiber chassis . i need help. money really isnt a problem. cool rc cars is more important. i dont know what to get. are stampedes strong? do they jump good? is there lots of mods for them. please help!

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Entry Level VS experienced RC

You obviously have a lot of RC Experience.
The Stampede is an excellent entry level vehicle that has a faithful following and tons of Hop up ability. BUT.. you would probably need to spend some time and money on it to bring it up to the performance standard you are accustom to. They do come now with a 12 turn and are a lot of fun to drive. But they are an entry level vehicle and leave a lot to be desired. The battery box and how your change batteries has always been an issue with me. They are very top heavy and roll easily. Suspension geomentry is just OK.
The T4 as you know is more of a pure race vehicle that can be a lot of fun out bashing. But.. ride height is a limitation in the bashing enviorment.
One other vehicle that you did not mention that I would HIGHLY suggest is the Emaxx. It is the best bang for you buck right out of the box in my opinion. Fast and Powerful... Extremely tough too. And TONS of aftermarket support and hop ups. And they are fun to race too
Others to look at are new the HPI wheelie truck. And E Savage. E Savage in contrast to the Emaxx is only a one speed. Emaxx is two speed. Very comparable trucks. Very different chassis configurations. I would still go with the Emaxx.
Hope this helps.
Dan

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
another thing, bashers :love: them nitro RTR's. Just fill up and bash, no need to sit and wait for some blasted battery to charge. i realize you want to put in a brushless, and stuff... but honestly.... check out them nitros for bashing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts