Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, after letting the Geometric Son of Frankenstein kit sit under the table for several years, I've finally started to build the thing. Problem is: I've never seen "son of frankenstein". and I can't rent it. (local rental place has no interest in movies not "family oriented")
Anybody give me the lowdown on the scene depicted in the kit? (to der lumberyard!!) He's holding the inspectors arm, (i assume the fake one). I know Geo had a base for the kit but good luck finding one now, and I need to come up with something suitable.......othrewise it's gonna be a graveyard ala Aurora, with a little jazzing up.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I believe this is the scene where the monster rips off the prosthetic arm of the police captain (who I believe lost the original arm to the monster before, or something, can't recall). This happens in a rather interesting lab which is somewhat art-deco'ish, and the salient point is that the lab has a large open pit area where the floor overhangs a boiling sulphur pit. The cop is lying there on the floor, armless, and the monster is about to beat him with his own arm, when (as I recall) the Son of Frankenstein tackles the monster, knocking him into the sulphur pit (where he's found by Igor in the next movie).

Without a picture you won't be able to reproduce the lab, but basically it had a glossy monocolor floor which was about 6" thick based on the edge visible over the sulphur pit. If you saw the James Bond movie You Only Live Twice, and you remember Blofelds quarters over the piranha pit, it was sort of like that (with different decore or course, and no piranhas in the sulphur, etc.)

Maybe you could just do a glossy mono color floor with some lab equipment around...

How's that for a near useless reply?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts