Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I make movies
2,575 Posts
LOL!
I saw this last week on the news. It is a big deal as there has only ever been one and its MINT. Should go for millions!

·
Registered
81 Posts
When I was in college in Bozeman Montana, (yes, where first contact with the Vulcans "will" occur), there was an auto show in Billings. Barris was there with the Batmobile. He took someone on a joyride from the fairgrounds to get fast food. He got a ticket. Speeding. No plates. Illegal siren "cherry". And if I remember right, there was something irregular about the registration.

The populace was not amused. You don't ticket the Batmobile!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
It's a beautiful thing indeed, and amazing to think it only took 3 weeks to complete! I'm very interested to see who the new owner may be, and of course the sale price.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I love the car, but I have never been a fan of all the extra labels that Barris added. Nor am I a fan of the interior changes that were made bats on the seat-backs and orange piping on the seats. Those changes just make me think of a bad 'kit-car' version of the original.

·
Registered
646 Posts
It is a beautiful car but call me silly heh,heh, but I like the Futura the way it was, I've seen the Futura in the international auto show in NYC in the 60's with my dad and fell in love with it ( along with the beautiful model that was standing next to it ) heh,heh. :jest: Karl

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Truly one of the all time greats in history, especially since it was around the same time Trek came on T.V. These are two of the oldest running shows in syndication. Proof that you can't mess with a winning formula. :thumbsup:

~ Chris​

·
Starship Class
11,863 Posts
Still, if it's raining....
Good point!

Would the center cockpit pieces from the Futura version still work on the modified Batmobile version?

Also, has anyone got a close-up pic of the windshield wipers?

·
Curmudgeon
6,598 Posts
I've looked at several online articles, and none of them listed an exact date. The most recent simply said, "Later this month".

1 - 20 of 24 Posts