Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started tonight from Las Vegas.
You think Epay prices are low?
Many cars are being sold very low and the announcers keep saying "Another one that was Well Bought"

You cannot get close to restoring most of these cars for the money they are getting.
If only I were a Rich man with a large Barn :)

Thanks,
Keith

·
Most Interesting Member
6,267 Posts
I saw a perfect '72 Plymouth 340 'Cuda go for only 24k.

Oh, and I don't think ePay prices are low, at least what I've been looking at.
I'm afraid if I list anything, it may crash the site though.
"starting bid .99" PM - "hey, will you take .50?"

Rich

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
Last I heard the charge to put it through the auction is 16%. The buyer paid $25980 and the seller got only $22020.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The way they described it the other night as the Buyer pays a 10% premium and the Seller pays 8%.
Ouch!

Thanks,
Keith

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Yep, even rich people are watching what they spend their money on....

The Barrett Jackson thing is such hype anyways, people spend WAY more than they ever should on a car at those auctions.

I was in Scottsdale for some work meetings about 5 years ago when this stuff was huge and just happened to be in town the same week. I ended up talking with some guy at the local bar who was laughing his butt off about it being his business. He would buy a car through classic car trader or even locally that was pretty much completely restored and turn around and get at least DOUBLE for doing nothing other than holding onto it until the auction arrived.

I realize the economy is down and it has a ton to do with the prices, but hopefully most people have also figured out buying a car on TV isn't the way to go either....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just wait till the big one in January. The hole thing is about to blow up in smiling boy Craig Jacksons face. I think he's made his money though .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts