Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Barretown R/C Speedway, Barre Vermont Trophy Race Winter Racing Series

Barretown R/C Speedway will have 3 Trophy races in the 2004-2005 winter season, they will be spread over the season, they will be connected by a separate points series just for the Trophy Races and prizes will be awarded at the last of the 3 races. We are posting our dates now so that people can make thier plans early and so that other tracks might plan thier big races around them. Following are the dates of our Trophy Races, you will be able to signup early on our website which, by the way, if you have not been to in a while has changed and is awesome, check it out. www.barrerc.com

Trophy Race Dates:

(Race#1) 6 - 7 November 2004 = The Turkey Shootout, 6th Practice, 7th Racing 65 drivers (done)

(Race#2) 8 - 9 January 2005 = The New Years Bash, 8th Practice, 9th Racing 71 drivers (done)

(Race#3) 5 - 6 March 2005 = The March Meltdown, 5th Practice, 6th Racing ? drivers (coming soon)

Well, these are the dates, we hope that they don't conflict with anyone else and hope to see everyone there for all 3 races, See you at the track

Bob T

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Friday night was our last Friday for the season, we will now be running on Sundays, Doors open at 8:00 am racing starts at 11:00, we will run 3 heats and the main events. Hope to see everyone there. See you Sunday

Bob T

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well race #1 The Turkey Shootout is in the books and I think it was a big success, 65 drivers met in Barre, Vermont to do battle, set track records and have some fun. I would like to thank the sponsers, we couldn't do it without you and also, everyone for showing up. We had some of the fastest drivers in the Northeast and Canada putting on a fantastic show, I can't wait till race #2, The New Years Bash on 8-9 January 2005 to do it all again. Again thank you for the FUN weekend, hope to see everyone soon.

Bob T

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just wanted to let everyone know that it looks like we will be getting new carpet in the next few weeks. That is awesome news and should make race #2 The New years Bash on 8-9 January 2005 a big success. I'll try to keep everyone informed. Talk to you soon

Bob T

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WOW, only 6 more weeks till Race #2 The New years Bash on 8-9 January 2005, It will go by quick with the holidays. Looks like we'll have New Carpet for this race so, I would suggest early signup on our website because, we can only handle 85 drivers, we had 65 for Race #1 and with new carpet we should have a full house. You can signup now if you know your going to make it at : www.barrerc.com
Hope to see everyone there.

Bob T

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok Everyone, Here's The Plan. This Sunday We Are Going To Run 2 Heats And The Mains Then We Will Tear The Track Down And Get It Ready For New Carpet, That Will Be Here On Monday. Later In The Week We Will Have To Go Back To The Track And Reinstall The Walls For Next Sunday So, Bring Your Screw Guns And Get Ready To Help. Hope To See Everyone There

Bob T

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Carpet came in today and thanks to about 9 of you guys the walls and old carpet was removed yesterday (thank you guys) Smitty's crew should be installing the new carpet Tuesday and Wednesday or Wednesday and Thursday depending on weather. Looks like we will have to put the track back together on Saturday so we will be ready to race on Sunday. If you want to help bring your screw guns up on Saturday.

Bob T

1 - 20 of 92 Posts