Hobbyist Forums banner

Should we reshuffle after every round ???

• Shuffle after every round

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Shuffle after the 2nd round only

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Don't shuffle at all

Votes: 2 11.1%
1 - 20 of 282 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to start a thread for the track so we can discuss things that come up and put out info.
Don't forget the Trophy race on 7 December 2003, lots of people are starting to talk about coming up for it. Should be a big crowd and alot of fun.
This coming weekend there should be a big crowd to start getting ready for the big race, looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Bob T :thumbsup: :wave:

·
Registered
194 Posts
For those of you travelling to Barre you don't have to get up quite as early as you used to. We now open the doors at 9:00 and start racing at noon. With Bob and Ducky running the show we still get out by 5:00.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Awesome day of racing today in Barre. The track record in every class run today went down. We had 19 4 cell stockers there today. The track record went up 2 laps, congratulations to Steve Murray. :thumbsup: The track record in stadium trucks went down, congratulations to Joe Pelkey. :thumbsup: The track record in 18th scale also was broken by Tyler Clark. :thumbsup: Can't wait for the trophy race.

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ditto, What a great day of racing, the trophy race is going to be awesome. You had to break the old 70 lap track record to get into the A Main. The new record is 72 laps, that's something for Pace to shoot for. Pace, you might have to run Stock to work on the record ??? Only 2 more weeks of practice before the trophy race on 7 Dec 2003. The website is updated, check it out:
www.barrerc.com

Bob T

·
*Justin Smith*
930 Posts
I made the trip to Barre from New York. It was a real nice track. I got taken out of the first round in 3 laps so therefore i was in the lowest heat going.....Then second round i picked up a radio on the pit shelf identical to mine in the same spot as mine and i didnt know it...it took me the whole heat to figure it out...needless to say third heat came and i was in the worst one but still qualified 2 in the despite the heat... :eek: anyways nice track and ill make the trip out again soon :wave:

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Racer45 I'm not sure what your saying but I don't know how you manage to get taken out EVERY single race your in! That's gotta suck! LOL J/K man.

As mentioned in the drivers meeting sunday, there may be some people that didn't understand the shuffling procedure totally. I'd just like to clarify because I back shuffling 150%. I don't think people are confused but can't understand for the life of me why they WOULDN'T want to shuffle, and to NOT race at a track because they shuffle IS crazy!! Ok...when they shuffle every round they take your best qualifier, so if you put up a TQ run the first round then break the 2nd round, they do not shuffle you back, they take your best qualifier to determine where you are shuffled.
Sunday reminded me of why shuffling works. I got put in a 1st heat with less experienced racers but knew if I had a little patience I had a SHOT at bumping up to better heats and possibly make the big show. Without shuffling, there was absolutley no hope of making it.

One suggestion. Make the 1st heat random instead of the best drivers in the same heat. At least for big races.

Had a great time at Barre. Well run show, very fast little track. Really liked the pitting tables.

Awsome run "big wheel" steve.

This is where I usually delete everything cuz it's gonna ruffle feathers.

Tom

·
Registered
76 Posts
Bob,

As far as I'm concerned you did the right thing. You left it up to the racers, the people that support the track. Way to go! I understand you and kenny from racing city hooked up. Ken looked at the picture on your web site of the 31 car. You and pete really do nice work!

Steve M.

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Steve,
Congratulations, what a day of racing. Thank you for the comment on shuffling, that's what Gary and I thought also, to let the racers decide what they wanted to do because if we didn't shuffle it just made my job easyer and we would save paper. I should be coming to Glennsfalls on Thursday to show Ken some samples and see what he would like to do. I enjoy doing the bodies and if you get a full heat of NASCAR painted bodies on the track it also looks more realistic. See you soon.

Bob T :thumbsup: :wave:

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
not to race at a track because they reshuffle is CRAZY,first thing tommygun you don't know me,i don't know you,and i'd like to keep it that way,in america we have choices, i choice not to race barre, you choice to,i raced glens falls saturday night no reshuffling i raced Granby no reshuffling, Plattsburgh don't reshuffle, so why is it nessasary to reshuffle, i know this is going to stir a bees nest but what the hell,
i remember last year when barre was in hard times i talked to bob and he said they didn't know if they were going to stay open,so the Plattsburgh Posse went over to help out,and we were glad to do it,Plattsburgh and Barre has always had a bond, it dates back to when Pete Perault use to race over here,so it's hard for me not to race at barre.i've known bob,ducky for years and always enjoyed racing in vermont.i hope just because i don't go the Plattsburgh guys make the trip.i had a bad experience last trophy race with reshuffling, i ended up getting taken out and was in a lower main which i won by 4 or 5 laps guys were constantly moving over for me or i was pushing them out of the way.like i said before its your track your rules,if i race there i should follow your rules period.and having your locals vote on it is the right thing to do, their the ones that surport you week in and week out.
december 7 is still i few weeks away i might change my mind,

Dan Dubuque
mighty midget

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Okie dokie.

Aight, back to never expressing my opinion mode.

Dat was fun.

*Edit*

To clarify, I'm only saying it is a must for big races, where people show up from all over. It makes for an even playing field. I know you don't agree and that is fine.

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dan,
I hope you make it to this years Christmas Classic, if not you will certainly be missed. Sorry about the difference of oppinion but, everyone has one, we just have to make as many people happy as possible. Again I hope to see you there.

Bob T

·
Registered
93 Posts
First I would like to say hello to all. I miss the track and everyone involved from Barre to Plattsburgh to Glenns Falls. I enjoyed going to all these tracks and the people are top notch. The people that run the tracks to the racers. Everyone is great.

Now to the question at hand. Not sure what brought it on but when Barre started to reschuffle after each round everyone throught it was great. Never had a complaint that was voiced to the powers to be. Sounds like the right thing was done by asking the racers what they wanted to see.
We also have seen problems with other things when the racers are asked what they wanted. Rules seemed to change weekly to try and please everyone. Well that lead to folks not racing because they didn't like the rules.
Unfortunetly not everyone will be pleased.
To reschuffle or not is the question. I have been to races that I wished they reschuffled after every round so you could work your way up if stuck in a not so good heat. I have also been where I didn't want them to reschuffle. So it goes both ways.
I have been to tracks that stack their heats and you don't have a shot of doing anything right from the start.
So whats the answer. Go out and have fun no matter where you race. People don't race at certain tracks for a reason so repect their decisions and go racing.

All I can say is I wish I had a track to go to!!!!!

Take care all and have a great race.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Bob, i never asked you to change your rules, i don't like reshuffling,thats my opinion, i also don't like fried chicken but that doesn't mean no one else has to stop eating it, i want people to go to your race and have a good time,like i said, i may make the trip. depends on how our races go saturday night,you have a nice track i've told you that every time i go over there and if you look back on this board to the old post i was defending your track when your locals weren't showing up,SO PLEASE PEOPLE LETS DROP THIS RESHUFFING ISSUE once and for all.
thats the last time i'm bringing it up.
Jim it's glad to see your still among the living, so how are you,we miss you up here.barres not the same without you.
TOMMYGUN please voice your opinion thats what these boards are for,i just took your post a little personal thats all no harm done,plus it builds excitement, nothing like a good conserversy to get people talking. :lol:

Dan Dubuque
mighty midget

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I can see why you would have taken in personal, I didn't mean it that way, sorry. I was a bit harsh I guess. Didn't know it was you that didn't like shuffling, I just remembered someone said they wouldn't race the barre race because of it. Not that it matters who it was. I understand your view on it. It's all good. Later.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I like reshuffling,it sometimes helps u recover from a bad heat,and i like fried chicken too ! LOL...And i wish i had more time and chances to get to Barre cause the place is awesome for sure,lastly i throughly respect the people who run tracks especially when they ask the racers as to what they want to do and 2nd lastly i wish i had another 20 laps to catch all the u guys in the B last week,all in good fun LOL....Go to whatever track u can and have fun,relax and just go with the flow,race wherever u end up and do the best u can...It's not the trophy you might be runnin for it's the people your with ,the racers and the atmosphere that keep me coming back evey week..........go fast turn left and have fun doin it ! The T4 God...Big D

1 - 20 of 282 Posts