Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Barre R/C is looking to make the 3 trophy races into handout motor races. What does everyone think about this. Racing fees would go from $20 to $35 or $40.

Let us know!!!

·
Registered
993 Posts
rob, i just bought a bunch of binary two motors, they are on stilts... it would be a shame if i couldn't use them on that fast lil track in barre.

but wich handouts are you talkin about? the latest i know of are the chrome w/ purple endbell, i believe they are the monster motor made pretty...lol i have some they aint to bad though.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I'd prefer no handouts. I only have one purple/chrome paperweight and that's enough for me. After the race they are worthless (to me)...binary 2 and 4 mags are faster, handout motors aren't legal at any race except for that one day, I practice in race trim. Just my opinion.

It's not a big deal I guess. Not much different than paying for a roar membership for a day.

If you get get the binary 2 mags that would be sweeet.

god bless the shuffle!!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Bob,

Handout would be great. Level playing field! People would have to use the handout motor and would not be able to have 20 different motors and 50 different arms to cherry pick over.

The quads arn't legal either are they?(not sure if they have passed them or not?)

I have been able to use my purple monster at Barre, Plattsburgh, and this weekend at the ROCK.....Its kind of like everything else, people all have what works best for them and tend to stick with it. So throwing the curve of the handout would be cool!

Shawn

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Quads are legal at Barre. I didn't know the handouts were legal at the Rock or Plattsburgh, I hadn't asked at either track. Those handout motors aren't roar legal thats all.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Shuffling is a MUST!!!!! The more the better!!!

As for the motors, as long as the motors are inspected I will attend. I think that the TQ and winner motors should be tagged and torn down after the race (just for safe measures). If you want the glory of the win you should not mind getting your motor torn down (unless you have something to hide).

Antonio De Nino

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I heard it was going to be 35.00 you can't beat that price .and tommygun is right you cant use them any were thy are not roar legal. but i will be there hand out or not. Nice run in Maine for you and your son BOB
I just want to beat the mightymidgit

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Thank you for all the feedback, keep it coming, the handout motors are not ROAR legal but, we were allowing 4 mag motors anyway so I don't think we will have any problems with the handouts being run even after The Trophy Race, I don't think there will be any real advantage to them, it's all in the handling. I think for a 35.00 entry fee with a handout motor that's a great deal and it does even the playing field to make it more competitive. I also would have no problem tearing down and tagging the TQ and winner of the A Main and if found to be legal, give them a new motor. I will let everyone know after our race on Sunday. We will have a meeting and discuss it as a club. Again thanks for the feedback and keep it coming.

Bob T

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
i don't have a problem with reshuffling,as long as the heats are setup by your ability,i'm not going to get into again this year,BOJO i can't make it to barre so you will have to wait another day to try to beat me.we are planning a road trip to the new track in maine,we plan on racing lake region the following day.i looked on my calender and i've got stuff going on every barre trophy race,i'll try next season.
hope you guys all have fun.

Dan Dubuque

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Kitestir said:
Bob,

Handout would be great. Level playing field! People would have to use the handout motor and would not be able to have 20 different motors and 50 different arms to cherry pick over.

Shawn
So what your saying is you feel out of 20 different motors, some will be faster than others, right? If thats the case then some people are going to get better handout motors than others, right? Do you feel better knowing that going to the track you may get a "dud"? I'm sure you can pick up another motor for 20 bucks or so, no big deal.

Just some food for thought, nothing more! I'm at work bored and thought I would create some online drama, cuz it's fuuun! Hey, at least I admit it!!

I don't think my closest racing buddies even agree with me on this subject, not sure though.

Handout or not, shuffle or not, blizzard or not, I'll be there.

Do you have a decision yet Bob? I would think it would be too late to even get them now.

BARRE ROCKS!!!!

Tom

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tommy, we will save the bad motors for you.

Motor races make it more interesting I think. Everybody gets the same crappy motor, some get good ones some don't, but we will have 100 to choose from so there must be one good one in there for you.

Bring all your fellow racers with you. The prizes for the end of the 3 race series will be worth it, I will make sure of that. But you have to attend all 3 to get one.

BRING ON THE HAND OUT MOTORS!!! :thumbsup:

Rob T

·
*Justin Smith*
930 Posts
I think the handouts are a bad idea. Racing is already as close as it is going to get there. look at the the big shootout series races there were last year and how close they were. I think the handouts may even make it less even. Handouts are not the same between every motor in the batch. Some are real good and others are just junk and then most are mediocre.Would we be able to true the comm and put our own brush/spring combo? I think there wont be a need for a handout at all. Shuffling i think should be done after the second round. I love the idea of it. At the local track i go to i never get in a good heat. I think the initial line up should be done on ability and then after the second reshuffle so people can stack themselves up to everyone they will see in the main. If you reshuffle after the first race and get taken out or have something not go right you will end up in the worst heat with a bunch of hackers. You should be able to get it right after 2 heats if not maybe you shouldnt be in a good heat?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hey Tommy, Great run at the Rock!:thumbsup:

All I meant was that some of us can't afford a ton of motors and arms thats all. Having a handout would just help in that aspect and make everyone have to tune the same motors. Oh and motors really are the least of my worries, I just stink:p ! You could give me your car at the Rock and I would probably be 2-3 laps of your pace, maybe more:drunk: hehehe......

RCRACER-The motors come with no brushes or springs if I remember correctly. Cutting the comm is fine. Basically the big difference between this motor and the regular monster is that it is epoxy balanced. I think that is the hang up for being legal.....
Shawn

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hi Rob,

I'll try to make it to that race, handout or not.

Anyway, those purple endbell motors are quite good, if you ask me! I still use mine from the snowbirds here in St-Roch and it performs very good. The only problem I see to this is the time to prepare the motor. I'll show up sunday morning (girlfriend wouldn't like to see the whole weekend taken!!!), have to setup my car and tune my motor at the same time... Makes for a tight schedule.

Martin Paradis

1 - 20 of 72 Posts