Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 979 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The 2012 - 1013 Season Is Officially Under way! Thanks to everyone for coming over today!

There have been many changes/ upgrades made with more to follow. Thanks to all the help that we have had at the track and thank you to all the season sponsors so far!

Thank You:

Bond Auto Parts
Barsalow Insurance
Simply Subs
White's Heating
Hallstrom Excavating
Lucky's Trailer Sales
East Barre Auto Sales
Stockwell's Garage & towing
Randolph Auto and truck Supply
Burrell Roofing
Pro Heat
Pepsi
Hebert Excavation
J & L Technical Service
Preffered Oil and Propane

& Windshield World for a $400 + donation of lexan for track walls!

Thank You!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
#768 Today, 08:01 PM
C-TRAIN :

Track and pits look great! Thanx to all who put time in working on em. Barre is a great place to race fun n fast track. I don't think track has any static problems??? Car was goood today!

#769 Today, 09:08 PM
boyzrc :

New pits and track edging is super nice work guys. The hobbyshop is a great setup. There may be some static out there. Vacuuming will do that to carpet. Probably temporary deal. I vote we only vac after big time work like that done this week. Otherwise let 'er ride, we all noticed early slippery conditions. Nice run Eric 88 is no joke.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Results:

Novice A main:

1. Howard Stockwell 44
2. Avery Stockwell 2

SPORTSMAN B MAIN:

1. KOBE KELLEY 74
2. EVAN HALLSTROM 63
3. CHARLES BENOIT 63
4. LEE BELL 1
5. BRICE BAKER DNS

SPORTSMAN A MAIN:

1. NATHAN FACINI 78
2. SETH BELL 66
3. CORY MANNING 63
4. TREVOR BELL 63
5. STEPHEN DONAHUE 59

NASTRUCK 21.5 A MAIN:

1. JOE KWIKSKI 75
2. FRANK BARSALOW 75
3. BOB TOURANGEAU 74
4. KOBE KELLEY 69
5. LEE BELL 61
6. KIP STOCKWELL 45

COT B MAIN:

1. NORM LEDOUX 85
2. NICK COPPING 82
3. FRANK BARSALOW 65
4. BOB TOURANGEAU DNS

COT A MAIN:

1. ERIK STEELE 88
2. BRIAN PAYEA 87
3. MARC BREER 86
4. CHUCK BARSALOW 84
5. JASON SCOTT 65
6. CHRIS FACINI 87 - DSQ

ProStock 13.5:

1. CHUCK BARSALOW 98
2. BRIAN PAYEA 96
3. FRANK BARSALOW 95
4. CLAYTON SMITH DNS

No Racing next Weekend - Racing in Plattsburgh or ST. J next Saturday and Canada on Sunday -

We will be back in action on October 21st!

For the purpose of keeping COT and Trucks as SPEC Classes we will NOT allow smco rotors or High Rpm short stack Novak stators.

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Great racing today thanks to everyone for coming hope you had a good time, Lee I know you did not have a good time today, we will solve the situation so that it doesn't happen again. See you in 2 weeks some of us have to take the COT & Nastruck classes to St Rock so, they will run it in April for the International race and the Milk Bowl will be next Sunday. Great season opener, Clayton's 13.5 was a bullet 2.88 lap times and Brian Payea came down from Maine to visit again thanks to all

Bob T

·
Registered
742 Posts
2.5 grams equals 2.5 laps, lol although it's true.
Good decision on the smcOs and the short stacks. That matches what Plattsburgh has decided. Not sure about stj though.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Great work guys! Track and pit areas looking fantastic. A couple light cars in Cot but they will fix it for next time. The racing was great and the track came alive toward the end of the day after all the construction and cleanup.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
My opinion on the high rpm stator and smco rotor.
A) We did not vote on the stator this year yet right?
B) The smco rotor has been out a year now.......

I have been testing the high rpm stator- have not hid the fact- It does not have any specatular numbers on the mms-ask chuck he tested it.

I have tested the smco rotor-JUNK

As you walk through the pit area and look at the "fast" cot cars you see which motors? silver can ss! not any ballistics! So as a racer who has only been in it since the ballistic was developed I do not have access to those motors (with the exception of used ones that dont pass the grade) Everyone has access to the stators if the choose.
The arguments against it are what?
Tech? It would be harder to tech with them illegal because it will be another thing to look at.
Cost?-$40? please we all continually buy motors....and we just allowed another speed control that cost more than a stator? hypocritical I say
Because Ny isnt allowing them? I dont think anyone lobbied with this same argument before they made the decision perhaps?

If you believe that my 88 lap run this weekend is solely the stator, i will conclude with this statement. I have been intensively working on my car with several hours of direct help from James VanHorn who owns mcpappy. I have a rediculous amount of time into the preperation and radical changes I never ever could have dreamed up. I have spent lots of money on small parts that have made huge differences. I came into the day with an 84 lap run with the "high rpm" stator. Clayton came to my aid and we made more changes to adapt to our track. I tried new things. I gained 4 laps and .16 seconds on my fast lap without any motor adjustments at all.

Lets keep progressing-without progression you become stagnent-and stagnent becomes failure.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Track schedule for this week!

I will be at the track Tuesday night. (track closed sorry) I will be working on the head room to down stairs. I would like some help. we also need to do some painting. 5:30-9ish pm Normal weeks will be monday for projects.

Track open wed night 6- when ever. I will be leaving by 9 pm ish. Track will be open to test and tune. 5$ per car for practice. (pay for the lights)

Thank you. Kip

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
My opinion on the high rpm stator and smco rotor.
A) We did not vote on the stator this year yet right?
B) The smco rotor has been out a year now.......

I have been testing the high rpm stator- have not hid the fact- It does not have any specatular numbers on the mms-ask chuck he tested it.

I have tested the smco rotor-JUNK

As you walk through the pit area and look at the "fast" cot cars you see which motors? silver can ss! not any ballistics! So as a racer who has only been in it since the ballistic was developed I do not have access to those motors (with the exception of used ones that dont pass the grade) Everyone has access to the stators if the choose.
The arguments against it are what?
Tech? It would be harder to tech with them illegal because it will be another thing to look at.
Cost?-$40? please we all continually buy motors....and we just allowed another speed control that cost more than a stator? hypocritical I say
Because Ny isnt allowing them? I dont think anyone lobbied with this same argument before they made the decision perhaps?

If you believe that my 88 lap run this weekend is solely the stator, i will conclude with this statement. I have been intensively working on my car with several hours of direct help from James VanHorn who owns mcpappy. I have a rediculous amount of time into the preperation and radical changes I never ever could have dreamed up. I have spent lots of money on small parts that have made huge differences. I came into the day with an 84 lap run with the "high rpm" stator. Clayton came to my aid and we made more changes to adapt to our track. I tried new things. I gained 4 laps and .16 seconds on my fast lap without any motor adjustments at all.

Lets keep progressing-without progression you become stagnent-and stagnent becomes failure.
Firstly it's not roar approved. Secondly it goes against the spirit of Cot rules. Thirdly if your car is truly great which obviously you have a handle on it the stator is not the difference anyway. Fourthly the track record is/was held by a ballistic and ss's are for sale all over because of the advancing technology so that argument is null.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Firstly it's not roar approved. Secondly it goes against the spirit of Cot rules. Thirdly if your car is truly great which obviously you have a handle on it the stator is not the difference anyway. Fourthly the track record is/was held by a ballistic and ss's are for sale all over because of the advancing technology so that argument is null.
the argument of the spirit of the cot class is null when you allow $500 chassis (yes I know I have one) Its a part of a motor we allready own, by saying it is not legal creates additional teching.

My biggest bitch is we talk about being a club, having memberships, electing officials and yet we just make a rule out of the blue. And only discuss the rule after the stator makes a good run. I never heard a peep about it until today. I spent my $40 and have the new technology, and every racer in the class is going to spend $40 on a different motor this year at some point I would bet. Its the things racers do. Just as soon as the black case pack came out, I had to have one,why? speculation of change....no difference in the reason I got a "high rpm" stator.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
the argument of the spirit of the cot class is null when you allow $500 chassis (yes I know I have one) Its a part of a motor we allready own, by saying it is not legal creates additional teching.

My biggest bitch is we talk about being a club, having memberships, electing officials and yet we just make a rule out of the blue. And only discuss the rule after the stator makes a good run. I never heard a peep about it until today. I spent my $40 and have the new technology, and every racer in the class is going to spend $40 on a different motor this year at some point I would bet. Its the things racers do. Just as soon as the black case pack came out, I had to have one,why? speculation of change....no difference in the reason I got a "high rpm" stator.
I guess you didn't ask. I asked and got a no from the people that created the class and the organizers we raced with yesterday. No biggy. I expect to see a track record run out of you by trophy time kid! That thing was fulyin'!

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
The COT SPEC Class was designed to make all of the cars close together in speed, with most of the equipment being of the same performance level while keeping the cost down to it's lowest level possible so that you don't have to spend $500.00 on your Chassis (but you can if you want to) and you should be competitive and have FUN. You might not be having FUN in COT and that might be because you are so serious and have spent so much money on a SPEC class. I just spoke to Chris and the only way we will change the rule to allow "high performance" parts is if that is the only Stator they offer, anotherwords they discontinue there present Stator. We have to keep these Spec classes as cheap as possible or they will get out of control.

Bob T:wave:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
The COT SPEC Class was designed to make all of the cars close together in speed, with most of the equipment being of the same performance level while keeping the cost down to it's lowest level possible so that you don't have to spend $500.00 on your Chassis (but you can if you want to) and you should be competitive and have FUN. You might not be having FUN in COT and that might be because you are so serious and have spent so much money on a SPEC class. I just spoke to Chris and the only way we will change the rule to allow "high performance" parts is if that is the only Stator they offer, anotherwords they discontinue there present Stator. We have to keep these Spec classes as cheap as possible or they will get out of control.

Bob T:wave:
AMEN:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 979 Posts