Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm finally getting around to building the kits I got in 2011. I was too young to be a fan of Dark Shadows, but I do remember seeing the ad for this model on the back of an old Archie comic book. The CoP replacement head is excellent and turns this into a great Jonathan Frid tribute kit. I used Tamiya and Vallejo paints (mostly airbrushed.) The face was done with Tamiya, oil washes and chalk pastels.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Really great build and paint job on Barnabus. The seams were a bear weren't they? I stopped work on mind when I found I hadn't done the coat seams good enough but will get back to it again in the next couple of months. While the kit head wasn't awful this aftermarket head is much better, more in proportion. Again, you really did an outstanding job on the painting and detailing.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Fantastic paintjob :thumbsup:
Great replacement head!!!
Mcdee

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Beautiful work! The right touches and the right places and the C.oP. head is Frid perfect. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Regards,
MattL

·
Registered
148 Posts
Very nicely done work on this kit! Shades.. colors.. tones.. = OUTSTANDING! Now thats a Barnabas you can sink your teeth into. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the positive comments!
Bob, the seams were a bit of a pain. I made a texture stamp for the coat, but my results weren't that good. I just ended up sanding the seams smooth. When it's sitting on the shelf, you really can't tell that the texture is missing. I'm not that meticulous about seamwork, so it turned out good enough for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts