Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a quick heads-up for any UK modellers on here....
Anyone who's ever done any serious scratchbuilding will probably be familiar with the Evergreen range from the USA.
They do loads of perfectly cut styrene sections and sheets of engraved patterns such as ribbed, grooved and tile section. The only downside is they tend not to be cheap with the average pack retailing in the UK around £4.50.
I went into the Chester branch of Modelzone today for a section of brass tubing and was told by the guy there that they are discontinuing a lot of lines that aren't selling and have slashed their prices.
Sensing a bargain I picked up these....

Pretty much everything was £1 a pack....Ok so I spent £70 but came away with £450.00 of stock that will last me a long long time.... :thumbsup:

So if you do as much scratchbuilding as I do you might want to investigate your local MZ.
They also had most of their metal tubing and rod drastically reduced too....

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
miniture sun, don't you just love a bargain like that? Man O man you got quite a haul! Thant's a fantastic buy.

Hope you left something for your fellow Brits! :eek:

hal9001-

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Oh what a good score!

Pity I'm over on the other side of the globe. I am always dropping in at Hobbyco to pick up an Evergreen pack of one thing or another these days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts