Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get a more accurate overview of what's going on in oval racing in 2007.
QUESTION: Do you race at a banked oval?
QUESTION: Is it carpet or paved?
QUESTION: Where is it?
QUESTION: Do you know of a thriving active banked oval track(s) program somewhere in the USA? (not including velodrome racing)

Any and all information is much appreciated!

Dale Epp - Protoform :confused:

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
SWTour will be running at the METRO R/C Speedway in Bakersfield twice in '07 (This is the track previously known as SHOWTIME R/C) (CONCRETE)

There is also the RCSports Mania in Phoenix AZ - who will be hosting their Pan Car Oval Shootout the end of APRIL (ASPHALT)

....velo's don't count - ahhh too bad, cause we'll be on the high banks of the ENCINO 'Drome March 17th. plus 3 other times in '07.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Dale Epp said:
I'm trying to get a more accurate overview of what's going on in oval racing in 2007.
QUESTION: Do you race at a banked oval?
QUESTION: Is it carpet or paved?
QUESTION: Where is it?
QUESTION: Do you know of a thriving active banked oval track(s) program somewhere in the USA? (not including velodrome racing)

Any and all information is much appreciated!

Dale Epp - Protoform :confused:
Yes
243' Banked concrete
Lail Speedway Maryville, Tennessee just South of Knoxville, Tennessee.
We race from Spring to late Fall. We average 30 to 40 every week.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
C&W Speedway Asheville NC 250ft slight-banked asphalt oval,cap tires
Fox Mtn Speedway Mill Spring NC 350 ft[+-} 14dg corners asphalt oval cap tires
Carolina R/C Complex Easley SC 365 ft medium banked asphalt oval cap tires,Home of the 2007 ROAR Nats

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
the real question is there any oval racing other then banked dale???? there is playing with toy cars on flat touring car tracks but racing is on the banks... hehehe

i call trax 70 home in the summer and look forward to trip to [email protected] in the winter time..

and yes its time for a new low down force body by protoform.. the 2000 tauras is hard to get so i have to go to other places for my bodys even tho i would like to run a protoform for my bank track needs..

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Large and fast enough where the HD bodies seem like they slow you down a bit overall. Feel free to ask if you need some bodies tested/run there...:)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
how about CANADIANS Dale!.... WWW.GRCSR.COM slightly but its banked...8deg in corners...and 4 in straightaways!

Eric Salvas

·
Registered
450 Posts
Marshalltown Ia 390 ft banked cement
Storm Steel CR Ia 260 ft banked asphalt
Thriving???????? attendance has been better last couple years

1 - 20 of 50 Posts