Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much do you pay to race Qscale weekly? & where?

I'll start: (2006 fees)

Classic Hobbies, Akron Oh. $15.00 (3 heats & main)

Naugles, PA: $15.00 (2 heats & main)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Shaffer Speedway, PA, will also be $15.00 in 07 (2 heats & main)

SG

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Lagoon Park Raceway Montgomery, AL $15.00 (three heats and main) reduced from $20.00 just this past weekend.

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
if you are at a track with 15 to 20 racers everytime theres a race 15 is good but if you are at a track were you are lucky to get 5 racers the bang just is not that great for the track owner/club that has to pay the bills no matter what have to get paid

·
Registered
898 Posts
Riverfront R/C Speedway, Ft. Dodge, Iowa (2 heats and a main) $10
Veterans Speedway Park, Algona, IA (2 heats and a main) $10
Machesney Park Raceway, Machesney, Ill (2 heats and a main) $20

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At Freddie’s (Ravenna Ohio) its $20.00. (Points races) Practice from 9 am to about 1:00 pm. Then 5 laps of single car Qualifying, 3 thirty-five lap heat races and a 120 lap A-main.

·
Registered
729 Posts
On the west coast here (points races) we pay $40, no single car qualifying,
(2) 35 lap heat races, and a main... GN 200 laps - Sportsman & trucks 150-175 laps - open wheel gets a 3rd heat race and runs a 40-50 lap main - Novice 100 laps... I guess a little less "bang" for our "buck" over here... Still a blast!!! :woohoo:

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On the west coast here (points races) we pay $40, no single car qualifying,
(2) 35 lap heat races, and a main... GN 200 laps - Sportsman & trucks 150-175 laps - open wheel gets a 3rd heat race and runs a 40-50 lap main - Novice 100 laps... I guess a little less "bang" for our "buck" over here... Still a blast!!! :woohoo:
I agree it is a blast!! Do you win cash? or?? .....If it was $40.00 (here) my racing would get cut way back. once a month. :cry:

·
Team DCM
2,309 Posts
Ingalls, IN $20 with Single Car qualifying (sometimes), 2-50 Lap heat Races, and Full Body cars are 150 Lap Main, Sprints get 75 Lap Main, mostly Sportsman, Sprints, and HPI Buggies...........

·
Registered
729 Posts
Our Points racing is a once a month schedule at 3 different tracks, all 3 tracks being a totally different style as well which makes a fun challenge. This year we did a 9 race schedule allowing 3 throw outs... We do a points system with just trophies for the actual races but cash payout for the championship and a nice embroidered jacket for the champion. Each track does there share of "Club" racing, maybe a couple races a month, obviously scheduled on the off points race weekends and those are usually $20 to $30 to race with primarily the same schedule of events but just a one day show, whereas the majority of the points races are a 2-day event, Sat being heats, and Sun being the mains... :thumbsup: Wow, did I ramble on enough with that one or what? :eek: The 3 tracks we run are Riverside, CA - Boulder, NV - and Phoenix, AZ... all 3 awesome, fun tracks!!!

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
in lansing it's 20 bucks with 2 35 lap qualifers or 50 can't remember and a main sports 150 gn and truck i believe were 200. they only get 10 to 15 people on avereage so it has to stay at that price to keep the club going. well worth the money if it wasn't for the gas bill to get back and forth.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
even it it cost us 40.00 bux to race it's still cheaper then goin to the bar! especially if your name starts with will and ends in plankhead! lol

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
1/4 pounder racing offers more bang for the bucks than any other class of racing today! The FUN meter goes slap off the scale! Don't it Will.

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
1/4 pounder racing offers more bang for the bucks than any other class of racing today! The FUN meter goes slap off the scale! Don't it Will.
yea even when its not your weekend and you work your tail off i know i have not been wrenching on my unit like i did last year havent had the time to stay 5 hours everyday in the trailer like last year the car i ran this weekend hasnt been touched since i built it shocks and all and it still can find the front:dude:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts