Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got one of the BANDIT Gunslinger cars yet, I ordered one last week and just wanted to see if anyone has any helpful setup tips for the car on a fast concrete track, thanks EHR.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
jc , check out page 12 of the Bandit thread and you will see photos of the electric and nitro pan versions.

Billy @ Bandit

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
what makes this car different from the rest??? it look like a g force?? i loved the old g force, im just wondering what improvements were made

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Biggest improvements... 1. a great deal of research and money was put into the type of graphite or the way the graphite weave was laid and how many layers. 2. the cut of the chassis is extremely different from the old g-forces that Jimmy and Andy designed and cut. We took the old g-force solid chassis and expanded on the design much the way the other companies took the AE L4 and made changes that they wanted for thier verions of that chassis. We changed many of the pivot points and pressure points for transfering the weight on the shocks to make the car react better to changes. We also expanded the front end slide of the suspention to allow for an even longer wheel base and an even shorter wheel base than any previous version. The car is also availible in a standard offset t-plate or a AE style (KSG symetrical) t-plate. the aluminium motor mount and left axle carrier have lowered axle carrier for more adjustment on the rear axle as well as a lowered motor mount to lower the motor in the rear pod. It comes with a center shock tower simular to the Hyperdrive but the mounting holes are a bit different to allow for an in between adjustment compared to the hyper shock mount. I have all three the hyperdrive, bandit and KSG shock tower in my box that allow for even more tuneability. All three allow for different handeling effects on the chassis and with this chassis they show even more than any chassi i have ran.

I'm never one for huge adjustments when making changes to a set up on a car. and with this chassi and the layout and graphite used it realy shows a difference when i make changes. First time out with a complete conversion of the chassis was at BMS for the Spec nats in 19trn. wiith only 6 batteries and the first race i had run in 4 months the car quailified 8th over a few national championship caliper drivers. and i'm sure if i had had more time the car would have been even better that weekend.

Billy @ Bandit

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Well EHR, we recieved your order the middle of last week. It should be on it's way to you. i will double check and let you know.

Billy @ Bandit

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Billy, can't wait to get the car, I saw on the AAA Model Supply web site that you have a couple of car stands out now, do you have any pics, and whats the latest on the BANDIT web site?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
EHR you should have the kit soon if not today....... I'll try to get a photo in the bandit thread of the car stand. and still working out the bugs on the site.

Billy @ Bandit

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got it BIlly, good looking kit, can't wait to get the BANDIT Gunslinger built up and on the track, I really appreciate all your feedback and support and getting the car out as soon as you did, with all the storms you guys have been through, weird thing about that is, the day I ordered the car, you guys were going through the CHARLEY, BONNIE or FRANCIS storm, take your pick right, and today when I got the car we are going through the IVAN storm, thanks alot Billy, EHR.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
NO problem if you have any questions e-mail me your number and i will give you a call. Every chassi has it's little things it likes and don't like so let me know if you need any help.

BIlly @ Bandit

·
Team DCM
2,309 Posts
Smut got the car the other day, good looking car. I bought it from him on here.

Billy does the same hold true for me about hte help, as if you have not helped me enough with my L4. I am running on a flat concrete slab here in Iraq and need some basic info. Really hot over here and the ground gets about 120-140 degrees. THe size is in side the lines of the basketball court I forget the dimensions but its about he size of big daddy's with out the carpet. LOL

Thank you for all the help in the past.
Souvenirs when I come home for all, to a certain extent.........

·
Team DCM
2,309 Posts
Cool beans,,,,,,, gonna get it out there on day when its not 130 degrees. Hopefully soon.

·
Team DCM
2,309 Posts
Awesome car now just need a good setup on the asphalt keep in mind its about 100 degrees or more everyday. Car acts fine just tried a few differents tires the other day and nothing sticking, they are melting, LOL. Its hot trust me, nothing I have ever felt hot. maybe Thicker fluids because of the heat harder tires I don't know. Anyway gonna buy another when I get home for the carpet world I will represent the south good up north have faith in me. I shall not give the Bandit Chassis a bad name. Gonna race their Busch class and some 4c too at a couple of places. WEill try to get down to the south for the big races though you can count on that.

Thanks Billy and the rest of the "Southies"

Darrell

·
Team DCM
2,309 Posts
SOrry Billy I never stopped by to say Hey at the Rolundo race at Sandhills, got talking to Flipper and you seemed busy, but I have the electric car and wanting to maybe get the Nitro car soon for this summer, any words would be great........ by the way still looking for a night or two stay at the birds if you know of any......

1 - 20 of 28 Posts