Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bandai - USS Voyager!

Next prepainted lighted kit from Bandaï after the Enterprises A & E and NX will be the Voyager. Release date : end of november 2004 in Japan. Price : Approx. $60.

James :)

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
That's one I may have to consider getting. Any idea of the scale? I'd guess it would be the same scale as the refit, as the size would be similar.

Qapla'

SSB

·
Registered
547 Posts
I was hoping for another version of the Starship Enterprise ... perhaps a TOS 1701, or 1701-B. :(

Voyager's not a bad looking ship ... I just hope they do it in 1:850 scale.

It also looks like they're going to release the Constitution Class Refit again ... this time it's still pre-painted but without any hull numbers or names on it. You get a decal sheet with about 14 different ship registrations on it. This will certainly open the market for aftermarket decals!! :)

Oh well ... I'll just continue to be patient ... :roll:

I only hope they finish the Enterprises before I die... ... ...

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
mactrek said:
I only hope they finish the Enterprises before I die... ... ...
Polar Lights is the horse you should be betting on ... there's higher probability PL will have all the Es in a consistent 1/1000 scale than Bandai will at their mixed scales.
kenace545 said:
hey guys will any know how long is it
IF Bandai sticks to one of their previous scales (and that's still a pretty big IF IMHO) at 1/850 about 16" -- at the less desirable 1/1700, halve the length ie 8".

·
Registered
547 Posts
chiangkaishecky said:
Polar Lights is the horse you should be betting on ... there's higher probability PL will have all the Es in a consistent 1/1000 scale than Bandai will at their mixed scales.
I agree.

I'm not looking to Bandai so much for consistency in the scale ... I like their Star Trek line because they make good looking, simple, and lighted desktop display type models. After all ... Desktop models should fit on the desktop.

The size of the Star Trek releases from Bandai, thus far, suggests that they wish to produce kits ranging from 10.5 inches (NX-01) to 16 inches (1701-E) in length. They also sit at a roughly uniform height on their stands (which are also uniform) and they all have a uniform nose-up pitch. At 1:850 scale, the Voyager would fit perfectly within those size parameters.

I'd still would like to see their efforts at the rest of the Enterprises. I think they'd look great regardless of their scale! I know I'll be getting the 1701-A when it's released. I already have a Bandai NX-01, 1701 (refit) and 1701-E. They all have paint jobs that would take me years to replicate. The bottom line here is ... for me, Bandai's Trek models are ... convenient.

For my scale Enterprise collection, which is an entirely different story, I'm hoping and praying that Polar Lights will come through! As a consumer, I can only hope that Polar Lights will recognize the limitless possibilities that the 1:1000 scale has.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the pics. Looks Great!

One thing, if we use the landing gear it looks like it
would be front heavy and tip over. I wonder if they
have any weight compensation in the back to avoid
this.

James :)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Looks great ... Although I don't think I'd use the landing struts while it's on the stand.

I hope there's more room inside so I can figure out a way to have it light up while it's off the stand and on the "on the ground".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Love it. I really want one. Voyager is one of my favorite ships. Didn't care for the show much, but the ship itself I thought was gorgeous. The model really looks like it does it justice as well.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Yeah, despite the price, I'll have to see if I can pick one up (assuming I can find one on sale, eventually). I think it's looks nice!

Brad.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts