Hobbyist Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

Registered
Okay, I guess I've decided to go total old school & leave out the 'glass' in the cockpit windows just like in the filming miniatures. Which means, for consistency's sake, that I have to carve out the gunner windows. Oh... fun... ;) View attachment 316654
If you can't pull it off, may I suggest?:

Registered
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
If you can't pull it off, may I suggest?:

I think I can pull it off, I just don't want to.
But this is a great alternative in case I break the fine bits- thanks a lot! I'll probably end up ordering them...LOL
EDIT: I did order them. Just because I can do a thing does not mean I must do a thing. I'm giving myself a break.
Thanks again, man!

Registered
I think I can pull it off, I just don't want to.
But this is a great alternative in case I break the fine bits- thanks a lot! I'll probably end up ordering them...LOL
EDIT: I did order them. Just because I can do a thing does not mean I must do a thing. I'm giving myself a break.
Thanks again, man!
You're welcome. Tony aka 308 Bits does good work.

Registered
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
Now that this cockpit will be more visible, I touched up Chewie's fur colour a little, straightened a line here & there, poked faces to suggest features, & put the whites in 3PO's eyes (yeah, he's a little 'bug-eyed' here, but it works for him being in back...).
IMG_20210404_211248.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
Just did a little pre-shading today. By the time the turret well rings get here she should be mostly painted & ready for final assembly.
Also, I'm doing something I haven't done in untold ages- I'm painting this thing 100% by brush. I honestly can't recall the last time I did that. Probably in the 70's. It's so small, and the detail on this is so fine I don't want layers of rattle can paint on it (and I'm not gonna get an airbrush to mix paint just for this). Which means, either it will be an against-the-odds success, or a miserable failure. I'm betting on the former, but like Conan said, we shall see... ;)

Registered
Love the work on the miniature figures Chris!
And the last photo is pretty much in focus.
Do you happen to have an iPad?
That鈥檚 what I use for all my WIP photos.
anyway, great work so far. 馃憤馃徏

Love your courage deciding to brush paint this too.

Carry on!

Administrator
Looks in focus to me as well. Are you talking about the back ground being fuzzy? That is depth of field.

Reactions: Chrisisall

Registered
Discussion Starter #50
More pre-shading, some deeper dark grays. Tomorrow I get the turret well rings to install.
Gotta ask here- I got this kit from someone in the U.S. on eBay for $60 + shipping. I was just thinking I might want a second one in case I wanted to do it again someday, and now I can't find it for under $100! Okay, $70 from Japan, but more for shipping. Why did the price suddenly go up?:unsure:

Registered
Discussion Starter #53
About time to choose a colour. I'm pretty much gonna go with this look, I think. I'm not looking to duplicate the studio model as much as just make it look how I see it onscreen. That would be a super-light gray with maybe a hint of cream... as a base colour. Then dirt.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts