Hobbyist Forums banner

1081 - 1100 of 1290 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Can't wait.

Now, hopefully, Bandai will also do a larger scale SD so we can get the monkey of these two Grail kits off our backs and move on happily to kits that haven't been done before -- like the Blockade Runner.

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
No matter what is released people are going to clamor for the one yet to be done...

I love this Falcon- I just hope I can get funds together when it becomes available.

·
Registered
66 Posts
What a gorgeous kit! Absolutely gob-smacking. $360 US or $500 Canadian, tho'. Out of my reality. I hope when they get this limited release out of the way, they'll try to recover their tooling costs and release a "Less Than Perfect" version without lights and whatever else that makes this so "perfect" and drop the price down into the $250 US range. There they'd sell like hotcakes.

So this kit has been sort of expected for about three years now and it's finally out. Expectations have been running high about a big Star Destroyer for only about a year. Guess we have another one or two to wait.

·
Registered
566 Posts
No matter what is released people are going to clamor for the one yet to be done....
True true. But, when it comes to Star Wars models, the MF and the star destroyer are the big kahunas. Bandai could release dozens of really great kits, but it would always come back to, "Yeah, but when are we getting a decent sized MF and SD?" For a lot of people (not all, but a lot), that itch needs to be scratched. I just want them to get these two out there and move on to other kits.

·
Banned
4,339 Posts
Finally! The Falcon model I wanted after standing in line to see "STAR WARS" In the summer of 1977!!! I remember being so disappointed when I received my first MPC Falcon...I foolishly expected the box to contain what I saw on the beautiful box lid!

Never liked the FM kit...Built a dozen or so and hated the profile.The best thing is I still have all the little figures! Lots and lots of Stormtroopers for a Diorama!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Absolutely stunning. My only criticism is I wish the engine light effect was brighter--looks like a bunch of stuff blocking the light, even on top of that wraparound grid I never liked. But I happily plunked down my $400.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Not crazy about the molded in blast marks or the engine lighting. I'd prefer to do my own. I'll plan on getting this unless I hear that a cheaper, less feature laden, version will be available.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm saving up for this one. The rest of my kit acquisitions will just have to be put on hold, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice for this. Pretty certain it'll even put the otherwise excellent Fine Molds 1/72 kit to shame. Realistically, there's no way in hell I'll ever dive in my pockets deep enough for a DeAgostini Falcon, but this, although by no means cheap, is at least within the realm of possibility.

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Sorry I'm late to the party, had some crap happen.

So, Bandai finally pulled the trigger on the 1/72 Falcon. That's really nice.

For those not familiar with the term 'Perfect Grade', It comes from Bandai's premier line of large scale, super detailed Gundam kits. They pull out all the stops on a PG kit. Yes, they tend to be limited release but they also get re-issued. A lot of resources go into making a PG kit.

Seeing this, it would not shock me if the large Star Destroyer that they HAVE to be itching to release gets the PG label as well. If nothing else PG means 'pretty expensive'. :)

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
I think if anyone had questions as to the commitment and 'street cred' of the Bandai staff working on the Star Wars line, I believe that this video should put all those questions to rest. :)

The kit is a big chunk of money, but it really looks like it will be worth every penny. I can't WAIT to see what some of our comrades do with this. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Still not sure they have the proper "toe in". Strange they went to such great lengths to duplicate the New Hope Falcon, but added the inaccurate Special Edition engine grill. Otherwise looks like the "Grail" Falcon I wanted way back when Fine Molds had the license.

1081 - 1100 of 1290 Posts