Hobbyist Forums banner

1001 - 1020 of 1290 Posts

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Man, even as a quick snap-together build that U-Wing is pretty impressive. I can't wait to see how some here take it to the next step.

Gotta say however, those forward landing gear are just plain goofy. The only way that folds into the wing space available is magic. I'm kind of surprised they couldn't come up with a better location, like maybe a pod or bulge (akin to the main gear on a C-130) along the fuselage.

I guess part of the problem may have been they wanted to keep some of the design elements from the 'Huey helicopter' troopships from Episode 3 (lots of cockpit glass, sliding doors on the sides) mashed up with X-Wing parts so it looks built by the same company or something.

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Good grief, LOOK at the detail on those tiny little things!

I still have to stand by my statement, I am baffled why they didn't just raise the price a bit and put 2 standard TIEs in the kit. People would have found that acceptable.

OTOH I imagine the standard Vehicle Model box was packed pretty tight with the two kits and the stand parts.

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Excellent. With the recent announcement of the Jango Fett version of Slave 1 we're prepped for another 'variation' repop, that being the long desired MM Falcon (original trilogy version) in 1/144.

Yes of course I want to see that in 1/72 scale, but with the Vehicle Model kits of the Snowspeeder and X-Wing, we're all set for super cool Hoth Rebel Hanger dioramas.

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Excellent. With the recent announcement of the Jango Fett version of Slave 1 we're prepped for another 'variation' repop, that being the long desired MM Falcon (original trilogy version) in 1/144.

Yes of course I want to see that in 1/72 scale, but with the Vehicle Model kits of the Snowspeeder and X-Wing, we're all set for super cool Hoth Rebel Hanger dioramas.
Love to see a Gallofree GR-75 Transport in 1:144!

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
He has Archie Bunker hair and a Kung-Fu grip. Here is a snap build:

????1/6?1/12????
Daaaaaang, Yoda looks like a MEAN mofo! We know thanks to Episode III he was a complete bad-a$$ but wow, that's a SCARY look going on there! And with positionable eyes!

I'd be afraid of that kit. I'd have nightmares of it coming to life like a Zuni fetish doll (ref. Trilogy of Terror circa '70s).

What's interesting, having the 1/6 Yoda next to 1/12 figures, one can see how it would have been if they had used a little person as the character instead of the Muppet.

I still question the sales potential of this kit but at least Bandai did an excellent job.

·
Curmudgeon
6,614 Posts
I'm hoping they'll pair that 1/12 scale Original Trilogy Yoda kit with a more desirable kit at some point in the future. I really like the sculpt, but I couldn't care less about the Prequel Trilogy Yoda and I won't be buying the kit just to get a figure that's only 2" tall.

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
I'm hoping they'll pair that 1/12 scale Original Trilogy Yoda kit with a more desirable kit at some point in the future. I really like the sculpt, but I couldn't care less about the Prequel Trilogy Yoda and I won't be buying the kit just to get a figure that's only 2" tall.
Yeah, I dig. I would take a wild guess they may reissue the 1/12 Yoda with an 'Empire Strikes Back' R2-D2. Maybe include some of Luke's survival gear. This presupposes an ESB Luke suitable for Hoth dioramas.

Which you might agree is surely possible. It's not a coincidence that Bandai whipped out the Vehicle Model Snowspeeder and AT-ST kit at the same time as the AT-AT, right? :)

·
Curmudgeon
6,614 Posts
Yeah, I dig. I would take a wild guess they may reissue the 1/12 Yoda with an 'Empire Strikes Back' R2-D2. Maybe include some of Luke's survival gear. This presupposes an ESB Luke suitable for Hoth dioramas.

Which you might agree is surely possible. It's not a coincidence that Bandai whipped out the Vehicle Model Snowspeeder and AT-ST kit at the same time as the AT-AT, right? :)
That would suit me just fine. I already have Bandai's R2-D2/R5-D4 combo kit, so I could build one biped R2 and one tripod R2 and get the 1/12 Yoda. :D

1001 - 1020 of 1290 Posts