Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my completed Bandai Falcon. This was built for a friend of mine who has supplied me with a lot of Bandai SW kits direct from Japan. The kit is lighted and powered by a single 9v battery hidden in the rear. The base was made up of the two tiles from the X-Wing and two Vader Tie bases.

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Ohhhhh, the belly lights turned out really nice! I really like the intensity of the...geeze, what, headlights? on the mandible ends as well.

What an exciting job you've done there. The weathering really makes all that crazy detail pop.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Steve. It turned out better than I thought. Going to be hard to give this up. But, I do have a second one in the stash for myself.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Now eventually, you do plan to have some engine vent covers on your engine vent cover tour, right?

Very nice work!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
What size is this beauty? She looks big!
It's amazing how lighting makes a model look bigger in pictures when there's no frame of reference.

Your Romulan BOP looks way bigger than mine in pictures, and this beautiful Millenium Falcon also looks way bigger than the one I built.

The Bandai Falcon is only about 10 inches long.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Be careful, you might learn something:

Peter Paul Rubens: the Original Lover of the "Rubenesque" Woman

It was fashionable for women at the time to carry some weight, and Rubens helped in the idealisation of this as the womanly figure. Actually, Rubens took it to a whole new level, making it the standard in all his work.

The adjective we still use today, “Rubenesque”, is used to describe plump, voluptuous, curvaceous women in a flattering way.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts