Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Prop balancers work great and they are cheap. I have had better luck with the arm/wheel balancer that niftech makes. (Even though Murdock R/C DOES NOT endorse Niftech). But it is a good product because you can level it, adjust the magnets and it comes with the equipment needed to do the job except a rear hub for the balancing of rear tires. John has done a remarkable job with the caps but balancing will help with vibration a bunch

Rob @ Murdock R/C

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Prop balancer works good.Balance hubs and all.then index the hub and wheel for each tire.then when put on different tire align to index marks and you right on.Frts put in good bearings Mount on balancer, and balance.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
matt francis also glues nuts,bolts and body clips to his off road tires to balance them! he he

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That Matt Francis balancer looks like the ticket see if I can find a used one thanks for the help... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Hmmmmm???

Balancing tires and hubs :confused: ,I understand the balancing of tires,but have never balanced my rear hubs,how do I do this? Does it work with the left and right hub?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Kevin,
There not talking about balancing the hub you run on the car. When balancing rear tires you have to bolt them to a hub in order to mount them in most types of balancers. The hub you us must be PERFECTLY balanced! if not your gonna be balancing the hub not your tires.
Had a great time racin with ya the other day :cool: gonna get the guys together and put a bounty on your a-- :lol:
Later , Lee

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Fl Flash said:
Kevin,
There not talking about balancing the hub you run on the car. When balancing rear tires you have to bolt them to a hub in order to mount them in most types of balancers. The hub you us must be PERFECTLY balanced! if not your gonna be balancing the hub not your tires.
Had a great time racin with ya the other day :cool: gonna get the guys together and put a bounty on your a-- :lol:
Later , Lee
Thanks Lee,and others,had me a little confuzzeled there..
Lee maybe you can get out of work early Saturday,racing starts @ 6.
I am leaving the Nastruck @ home this time,so no rewards will be available
if I show up,lol,gotta catch me in,I mean with my Nastruck :lol: , Kevin

·
Registered
123 Posts
First time trying to balance my Off Road Truck Tires. I have a Dubro balancer

and was wondering after I spin the tire and it stops do I add the weight to the

bottom of the Wheel or the top? Also where do I put the weight far to the inside

or does it matter?Sorry probably a dumb question expect this is the best place

ever to get help.

·
Registered
966 Posts
The heavy side is down. Just think "gravity". I would just put it as close to mid wheel as possible.

I'm no dirt racer by no means, but are you supposse to balance dirt tires? I thought that ballooning effect that goes on in dirt tires would play havoc on them anyways.

[email protected]

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Balancing

If it rolls balance it. Especially Dirt tires for they are so far out. they will jump off the ground and make for a ill handling ride.

·
Registered
123 Posts
What am I doing wrong ? I put some weight on the botton of the hub yet when I respin it the weight always returns to the bottom. I assumed if its correct it should stop at different places with each spin ? Thanks

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Kaug. with no weights. let tire turn till it stops. Bottom is the heavy side.Put a mark at the top of the rim that would be at 12.00 oclock.Put a small weight there.at 12.00 and try again. may have to add or subtract from it. till you get it where it will stop at different spots and not return the heavy side to the bottom. Practice practice .you will catch on. some times you may have to put the weight at 1.00 oclock sometimes at 11.00 But well worth spending the time. Happy Balancing. :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts