Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Never heard of that.. Been around cap tires for over 10 years... Ive only heard of epoxy, hot glue, and lead tape...

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
i am sure my buddy bologna will post on this later
he is a cap tire junkie. heck he even plays with his cap tires in the winter time at his house :p

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
///

At one time it was common to use pin, us CAP tire junkies that have been at since '90, yea you Danny, did it in the day. I quit doing it when it seems that it may have been weaking the bond at the foam/wheel interface. Been back to the lead tape for years.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
for todays tires nothing works like lead tape.. bsr sells small amounts but i go a big roll from a local golf pro shop that is 1 inch wide by who knows but i could do everyones caps this year in the usa and still have some left over.... the reason i like the tape over the glue is the fact that i check my tires week to week and you can cut and or add as needed with no mess or fuss and can also be done at the track..

also once you get them ballanced as new they will change after a few runs....

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
bologna said:
for todays tires nothing works like lead tape.. bsr sells small amounts but i go a big roll from a local golf pro shop that is 1 inch wide by who knows but i could do everyones caps this year in the usa and still have some left over.... the reason i like the tape over the glue is the fact that i check my tires week to week and you can cut and or add as needed with no mess or fuss and can also be done at the track..

also once you get them ballanced as new they will change after a few runs....
This one Time at Trax 70 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
hey guys i told you that the bologna could not stay away from this thread

1 - 9 of 9 Posts