Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I havent known yall for along time and I dont ask for anything real important (Or I hate to)I had to take my chilhuha (? on spelling).I have a small dog that is very very much my child.I do hve a 21 year old girl but,this dog treats me better.I had a tumor removed from her last week and today I had the news I didnt want.I am gonna have to put her on chemo for 6 weeks for once a week.I hope this removes the tumor but,its grade 2 which is so so.PLEASE PLEASE If I ask for anything its would yall please say a prayer for her.Its hard and I dont want to lose her.I know it sounds crazy for asking but,It would mean the world to me if yall would just say a few words.I may have to sell out but,I hope and pray not but,she is our little girl.She was bottle fed from 9 days old.

I really didnt know if it was ok to put this thread on here like this in this area but,If you have to take it off ,that will be ok.I am not good at computers and I know it aint RC but,I have talked to alot of yall on here and been on the site for awhile on the 1/10 scale side.I appreciate yalls time and patience.kenny

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
In Our Prayers.
I had a Pekinese for 17 years. Had to put him down over 3 years ago. Still think about Rocky everyday.

Wade and Pam Lichtenberg

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. She starts her medicine (prednisone) tomorrow. My wife works at the vet clinic so when the doc takes out her stitches in a week we are gonna see if he thinks chemo is the best route or just treat with the prednisone.
When I go to the track in Montgomery to race I have to be sure to come home that night or she misses her daddy too much. Doesn't let my wife get any sleep!
Kenny

·
Registered
352 Posts
Good luck with everything. In our family, the dogs are family, not pets. The one thing that I truely miss about being on the road.

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
I hope everything works out. I feel the same way about my dog.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank yall very much,we started her last night instead of today on her med.we got to sleep around 3 this morn and my wife had to be at work at 7.I hve a small cup of water that i kept by the bed last night(she sleeps on my pillow at my head)everytime she panted or moved I was watching.he meds they said was to help her I guess till more test come in.My wife is a groomer at the vets office and even with her discount ,its gonna be tight.She said last night that we were gonna make it though.Sometimes I hate to omit it but,I worry more than her and jump the gun on alot.They told us that Babys tumor was removed but,he said he was suppose to remove 2-3 cm more but,it was in a bad place and he couldnt.So we are at this spot.he said it would most likely grow back.radition ,we would have to travel and with just me and her with the rescue operation we have and the funds,we just are tight.we are just gonna get by with the chemo.This is hard,it sounds like I am putting a price on her.This is why we are doing the best we can and need all the prayers we can get.Our food prices over a month is over 400.00 and we have been very blessed so far.I will keep yall updated.again thank you all for your prayers and time-kennyPs-she is passed out by her bone and her blanket,she still sucks on that thing and puts holes in it-LOL

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Was it a mass cell tumor?

We lost our 2 year old lab buddy to osteosarcome..'' bone cancer '' just over a year ago
http://buddyone.pets-memories.com/

Our prayers go out to you... Hang in there my friend

Stoney
Yes sir,Thats excatly what it is .Its in her behind area and he removed the tumor but,he said he normally removes 2-3 cm more but,he couldnt cause it is on her anal area.I am so sorry to hear bout Buddy,we have a small animal rescue operation and my wife is a groomer and she make pet bows at home at night.we are in with the spca and the greg biffle foundation for no kill shelters.I am not a really a church person but,I do beleiev in prayers.-Its kinda crazy that behind my name ,its got kenny666 but,I actually got that crazy idea from the old monster garage with jessie james years ago and dont know how to change it-I do appreciate your time and prayers,she is sleeping pretty hard right now.I will keep you informed.Ps-we have a chocalate lab named hershey and she is a real moma dog,we saved her and she thinks she has to clean and protect evry dog and catwe have.labs are super sweet dogs thats for sure.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Was it a mass cell tumor?

We lost our 2 year old lab buddy to osteosarcome..'' bone cancer '' just over a year ago
http://buddyone.pets-memories.com/

Our prayers go out to you... Hang in there my friend

Stoney
I just went to your site,Its real hard as of now to write ,but I do hope all is good for you and you find peace.we cant elp things thats out of our control but,we can only try our best.I left you candle lit,I aint good at words but,I have you bookmarked and thank you -I hope buddy spirit will live inside of baby and we can make ner better.thanks kenny

·
Registered
55 Posts
Kenny,Bless you for being an animal lover, I know it's hard to watch your'e baby go through this, As everybody has (lost a pet) we lost our pekinese/poodle (gidget) to renal failure(kidney) back in 03-04, She was a daddys girl. Be strong for her as they sense your'e feelings, The QSAC family is with you, our thoughts and prayers. Dave,Tammy Hart

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you for lighting a candle for buddy Kenny.. that really hits home when a stranger lights a candle for our boy... Labs are the best dogs ever as far as I'm concerned.. Buddy was our first lab and my first heart dog.. we all miss him dearly.. we now have another pure breed lab.. he will be 13 months old the 30th.. and let me tell yaa.. he is all boy..

We'll hopefully your vet caught the tumor before it had a chance to metastasis..I hate to say it. but if the chemo fails and she gets worse... check out these guys..
http://petswithcancer.forumcircle.com/index.php

The folks on this forum are very kind and understanding of us animal lovers... I don't know what i would have done if it wasn't for these kind souls to help me through the grief period...

Here's wishing you all the best of luck... Keep us updated on her prognosis!

Stoney

·
Registered
203 Posts
You have our prayers my friend.We lost our 6 yr. old dog this May to a mass blocking her stomach.They are truly FAMILY.

Chuck

·
Registered
37 Posts
Kenny our prayers go to you and your dear pet. I can only imagine what you are going through, as you have met my little girl Pepper you know what she means to me. Our pets give unconditional love, they are always glad to see you and never talk back. They have a way of bring joy and happiness to your heart when you are having a bad day witch humans cannot always do. When you meet animal lovers like the ones on this thread you can tell that there are still good people in this world we live in. God Bless you and your pet Kenny. Bob

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks ya'll. Your prayers and best wishes really mean alot to me.
Dee talked to the doc today and he said that since she wasn't "sick" the chemo should help out with what is left. If Dee hadn't told him to go ahead and biopsy the lump after removing it we never would have known what it was. They are ordering the chemo and as soon as it comes in she will start that. I'll keep ya'll posted.
Thanks
Kenny

1 - 20 of 33 Posts