Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I getting ready to convert my sons slash 4x4 to a backslash and am wondering about power. Im looking at a 160amp esc together with a 1500kv motor powered on 4s. Im not sure about the motor size. Is 1500 to much? I see alot of 1\8 scale run between 1900 and 2200 kv motors. We dont get to race very offen due to my work so 70% of its use is bashing 30% for those time we can race which it will probably be in truck mod not 1\8 buggy mod. I know the handling isnt the same and so on and so forth. But it still looks like alot of fun. I want it to be fast enough to keep up with my nitro buggy. Were running a castle 3800 system right now. Thanks......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
409 Posts
The 1500 is gonna have alot of torque. Top end should be decent. 1900 to 2650 is a good all around kv for a buggy. I think the slash is alot lighter than a buggy too. i'm running a 2100kv in my buggy right now and it is an animal.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
You need to talk with Ricky D, he has a Back Slash Conversion and you can ask him about motor/power.

But just a heads up not anyone really running that set-up and usually for a good reason.

If the Slash is already fast with the 3800 there's really no need for 1/8 motor, especially since the Slash is much lighter then the Escale buggies out there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts