1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,158 Posts
Nice ones you guys have congrats.👍

·
Registered
687 Posts
I do love the BTTF Delorean. But these diecast cars annoy me because of the wheels they use. The generic chrome spoked wheels makes the car look nothing like a Delorean. I don't know why they couldn't make wheels that looked a bit more like the real thing.

Yes! I am a rivet counter. But do forgive me. I have touched one of the cars used in BTTF and have sat in one of the cars used in BTTF2-3. (While it was pimped out with all time stuff on the outside, it had a stock interior. And a blown engine! Sad.)

·
Administrator
40,987 Posts
The original Rear Riders are the closest to the Delorean design but fall about 2/3rds short of the required number of fins. They are to deeply inset as well.

Perhaps as 3D printing continues to evolve more realistic wheel sets will be available.

Wheel Automotive tire Alloy wheel Rim Font

·
Registered
7 Posts
Slight detour, but I took a look in my local store today and had to grab this:
Wheel Tire Car Motor vehicle Vehicle

The plastic "manure" is a cute touch (though, thankfully, it's removable). I definintely prefer the movie cars by Johnny Lightning or Greenlight over Hot Wheels, mainly cause I don't care for the thick wheels that are prevalent on pretty much all of their cars. The pics I've seen of Marty's Toyota look even worse, with the oversized wheels making the thing look like a monster truck. But, as far as I know, they're the only ones making any of the non-DeLorean cars from the franchise.

Also the windshield is entirely clear plastic, with none of the railing that the real car would have.

Other than that however, it looks pretty food. I'm actually impressed that they painted in digits on the millimeter-sized license plate. Overall, I'm happy with this one.

·
Administrator
40,987 Posts
It is a cute release! The casting underneath is pretty exceptional too! 🤙

·
Registered
687 Posts
Oh yeah! I have one of those too. Even though "I hate manure". (But I love BTTF.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts