Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I've been a "spectator" on this site for a while but thought I'd share a pic of a car I found tonight. It's the 2011 Back to the Future Time Machine on the wrong card. I don't normally search for error cars but thought it would be a nice addition to the collection. Is this a fairly common error? I've never noticed any other cars packaged in the wrong card, but I guess this one stuck out due the unique nature of the casting. I'm not completely computer savvy, but I think I correctly attached the pic :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Yup, I can see the picture so that worked. A few error collectors around here said that a wrong card error is very easy to fake so it isn't worth a lot, but as long as you know it's genuine, it's probably a cool addition to your collection, so: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, when I found it my first thought was that maybe somebody was playing a practical joke and had switched cars with the packages. It didn't appear to be tampered with though, so who knows. Anyway, now that I've broken the ice and gotten an account here, I hope to share some of my finds with the group here!

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Welcome to HobbyTalk and the ever-popular Hot Wheels thread! It's always great to meet other adults who still play with little cars. I have an error much like yours, a 1970 Chevelle SS from the "Hot Wheels Classics" series on a 1962 Bel Air Bubbletop card. As with your DeLorean, it caught my eye right off. I usually open all of my cars, but that one will be left on the card.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Yup, I can see the picture so that worked. A few error collectors around here said that a wrong card error is very easy to fake so it isn't worth a lot, but as long as you know it's genuine, it's probably a cool addition to your collection, so: :thumbsup:
I would have thought that too, but since it is a more desirable car in a common card, it seems less likely unless someone was being a prankster. Anyway, as long as people are having fun.

·
Premium Member
9,373 Posts
Welcome to Hobbytalk.com Rwallac2. Nice Find Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Welcome to Hobby Talk.
Cars that are packaged in the wrong blister happen every now and then. With the volume that cars are made, it is bound to happen.
Nice job in finding it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wow, that's quite an error! Instead of looking on the right side of the package, I should look at the "whole" card. Thanks for sharing and cool find!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I love errors like this, i have seen obvious fakes before but that one looks to be the real deal. It happens very rarely so it's nice to find one like that. Doesn't hurt that it's a desirable car on the wrong card.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Errors, especially like that are the real treasure hunts.
Theres a lot less of those in circulation than what Mattel calls hunts.
Nice find.:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts