Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 192 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings tropps and troopettes,
Well back in the hellhole again for more foil tape flingin' and soldering silliness.

Work in progress gallery now up for what it's worth :)

Page 1

Pages 1 to 4 done, next lot most likely after the weekend. L'arsenal figures on order so a bit better work to the VIP longe and arbouretum planned this time around, no shuttle bay slated for this one.

Plan for this to be sorted then the NX-01 to be done then most likely a long holiday at the local hotel with the rubber wallpaper and canvas dinner jackets with the sewn in mittens.

Later people, go easy! :thumbsup:

Yea verily, an update or two, now up to Page 6
That's ya lot for now my fellow minions of the modeling fraternity :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Wow, very interesting approach! Talk about going your own way!

I do very much appreciate the adhesive aluminum tape. I'm wishing I had used more for light blocking, but I was afraid of accidentally shorting out some electrical beastie.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Excellent work. Can't help but read your walk through as thought it was written by Jack Sparrow (Captain, Jack Sparrow)! :)

·
Registered
830 Posts
Hehe.. I think you are the first to use the back lit technique and think of adding shadows to the phaser bubbles.

Great job so far but to me the “spot lights” are still a bit too bright.. then again you need to make it brighter since a few layers off paint will be added to the hull… I loved you trial build already and am really interested in following this build up.

Oh and for all interested… there is a light showing at the end of the tunnel. Work load is decreasing and I think very soon I will have time to go back working on my PL refit too.. Had to neglect here for far too long already.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Cheers for the words folks, all encouragment greatfully appreciated.

It's gonna be a 2 week headscratcher at least 'fore i'm anywhere near done but that like all things can change.
To address a few comments..
ilbasso : i know what you mean and shorting out is always a risk but in this case, masking tape and heat shrink sleeving are your best buddies so invite them all and often.

Rougepink : The decals are ok in the norm, atleast they were ok on the first test build, the paintwork is another issue. Pearlescent sprays of the Tamiya variety will be used here. Test sprays seem to lead to the colour being ok and the coats cover well and thinly so that's a start.
The rest of the main colour paints will most likely be very heavy on the thinner then airbrushed on. How that will work out remains to be seen. Dynamite in theory but then so was the Edsel.

747 : Well i couldn't help it mate, after all it's such a pretty boat...ship!

Garbaron : Spot on (pun possibly intended) about the light and paint thing, more still to be done and what fun it will be.
Glad to hear you will be getting back to yours soon, you should never neglect a lady especially one armed with phasers :D

Go easy gang !

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Updates

Howdo folks :wave:

Just a note that i've added another page to the ongoing fun and frolics.
Page 6

And that's another day in the hellhole done.
Go easy all

·
Registered
375 Posts
Beautiful work and brilliant ideas!!

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Can't wait to see the upper saucer spot! Great work, Ian!

And while we're quoting the classics... "leave the beer! Leave the beer!"

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Whatho troops!
Ta muchly for the kind words people.

Just a small update gallery, Page 7 now up. Been upto me neck in muck and bullets lately, well health and saftey courses and the like but you get the general idea.

Not a great deal but more to be done seeing as how the weekend beckons and as soon as some other nonsense is out the way.

Go easy folks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
375 Posts
I love the lightbox design for the windows - makes for a very clean looking ship inside!! That's some light bar you have built for the forward spots! DOn't look directly at it - you're likely to get a sunburn :)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And more silliness going on...

Greetings all,

Thanks for the goodly words gang.

REL you ain't wrong there mate. The more lighting the merrier...distracts from my cruddy buildwork ya see ;)

ilbasso no worries about sunburn, the temporary flash blindness takes your mind off it :)

Sorry about the cliffhanger bit Tony, bad habit i got though not intentional...honest...

Update here, now on page 8 would you belive, don't time fly when your gnashing ya teeth ?

Go easy troops and troopettes !

·
Registered
830 Posts
Wonderfull work!

You know how ever sad I May be due to the auctioning of the big A and D…
Seeing that kind of quality work makes me believe in no time WE will be building models that even surpass the detail level of the actual filming miniatures ;)

Just imagine ILM really needs a Refit again and sees all the PL Kits with hyper details and asks to borrow one!

And then we say.. NOPE guys.. you tossed out the Big A… go get it back!

:p

Ps. did go back on working on mine too.. will be finishing the hangarbay soon.. I hope.

1 - 20 of 192 Posts