Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I've been running out of space and have been trying to scale back what I 've been collecting lately, so I've decided to try and mainly stick to black castings.

I think I made the decision because, in my opinion, most castings will always look good in black. I have to admit its not working that well and I still am picking up some other coloured castings if I can't wait for a black version, but it has helped me slow down.

That said my display case is now 0ver 90% black and is looking pretty sharp. Here are some of my favorite General Motors Classics from the 1950's that snuck out of the case for a photo op...

1953 Buick Super:

1955 Chevrolet Belair:

1957 Chevrolet Belair:

1958 Chevrolet Impala:

1959 Chevrolet Impala:

1959 Cdillac Eldorado:

Cheers,
Greg

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
The black '53 Buick from The Fabulous Motorama series is the best version of that casting, IMO.
All of those look great in black! :thumbsup:
But for the '59 Impala vert, I am partial to the powder blue version from Auction Insanity.

·
Premium Member
15,510 Posts
Great idea collecting only one color. :thumbsup: My buddy is hooked on the color purple. I like a variety of colors, so I can't pick just one color.

Nice pics! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
..nice pics G-man .. :thumbsup: ..I think I would find it hard to collect only one color......I have a few black cars that I aways found incredible because they were done in black.....good choice.. :thumbsup: was just listening to some oldies tunes...and Gino Vanelli singing "Black cars look better in the shade.."!!! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts