Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I've been running out of space and have been trying to scale back what I 've been collecting lately, so I've decided to try and mainly stick to black castings.

I think I made the decision because, in my opinion, most castings will always look good in black. I have to admit its not working that well and I still am picking up some other coloured castings if I can't wait for a black version, but it has helped me slow down.

That said my display case is now 0ver 90% black and is looking pretty sharp. Here are some of my favorite General Motors Classics from the 1950's that snuck out of the case for a photo op...

1953 Buick Super:

1955 Chevrolet Belair:

1957 Chevrolet Belair:

1958 Chevrolet Impala:

1959 Chevrolet Impala:

1959 Cdillac Eldorado:

Cheers,
Greg

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Dadvball said:
I like them all, but there's just something about that buick.
...that was one of the first cars I picked up when I started collecting a few years ago and it is still a favorite. :)

Greg

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
The black '53 Buick from The Fabulous Motorama series is the best version of that casting, IMO.
All of those look great in black! :thumbsup:
But for the '59 Impala vert, I am partial to the powder blue version from Auction Insanity.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Great idea collecting only one color. :thumbsup: My buddy is hooked on the color purple. I like a variety of colors, so I can't pick just one color.

Nice pics! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
723 Posts
didnt Henry Ford once say (I dont care what color you paint my cars as long as they are Black),heard that somewhere,dont know if its true. nice pics too.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
..nice pics G-man .. :thumbsup: ..I think I would find it hard to collect only one color......I have a few black cars that I aways found incredible because they were done in black.....good choice.. :thumbsup: was just listening to some oldies tunes...and Gino Vanelli singing "Black cars look better in the shade.."!!! :)

·
Registered
255 Posts

Hey Dr.Olds the "quote" was actually " You can have any color car you want as long as it's black" Henery Ford. I also like the "Black castings" They just seem to reach out & grab your attention. ZF.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts