Hobbyist Forums banner

Back at the Shop

770K views 6K replies 193 participants last post by  XracerHO 
#1 ·
The Meyer Bros. stopped by the shop for a little last minute inspecting before they go at it. Blue Austin is on the rack checking rear tire clearance, and the orange Tyco VW is getting the frontend checked. I don't know how this story will end...RM

See less See more
#8 ·
That Orange just Pops!

What a nice VW Bug man! Love the blue car also but, VWs have a special spot in my "sentimental brain storage unit". Both cars are Fantastic and that Orange Pops!

I have a few of these bodies by Bruce Gavin sitting in one of my to do someday case. Soon as this Cold that has been wearing me down goes away...Bam going to do one of these VWs up.

You are a true inspiration Hilltop with all the fun builds you post up here on HT. :woohoo:

Going to rest now, Bob...zilla

#17 · (Edited)
#18 ·
#19 ·
Smooth 57

Here's a clean up job that came in last week. I try and keep a little work lined up for the the boys. The high price of gas has slowed things down a little at the shop. The boys had done a little work on this Tyco 57 a few years back. This was a blue flamed Tyco 57. The blue flames have been removed, some chrome foil added, a little detail paint work added, just a smooth, clean, ride...RM

#23 ·
Just Like To Know Who Sells The Austin Body. It Looks A Little Shorter Then The One I Have... The One U Have Looks A Lot Better Then The Longer One........
The Austin is a resin kit from Racing legends, http://racleg.free.fr/ It is designed to fit an AFX chassis, for the old Gasser look, sits up high. I lowered mine and cut out the rear fender wells, for an updated look. The blue Austin is running a T-jet chassis with glue in posts. To lower it to fit an AFX chassis, I shaved off the chassis tabs a bit and put in a screw post.

The body measures 2 1/4" in length and 1 3/16" in width, again it has been lowered.

The orange Austin is running an AFX chassis, shaved chassis body tabs, with a body front post added, and custom rear body mount. Hope this helps...RM

#24 ·
Man, we only have had a couple of VW's, nothing 1/10 as awesome as that bug-in clip. What an event to go to..... cross country in a microbus Bob?

HT, I wish I could master foil - I end up with shiny trash. Nice, nice work!

#25 ·
46 Ford Make Over ???

John B. Cruzin dropped this 46 Ford by the shop for an estimate.The boys are talking, trying to work up a build cost. Customer wants a few changes, you know how that goes, says he'd like to have this, like to do that, how much is this, how much for that, it's gonna cost how much!!! John B. may end up going to Macco. Stayed tuned...RM

#27 ·
Tough 46

The boys got started on John B. Crusin's JL Back to the Future 46. This thing had some of the toughest paint I've seen. The alcohol idea softend the paint, but still had to scrape it off. I also shaved the door handels, license plate holder, bumpers, side moldings, and hood moldings. Had to do a lot of block sanding to get her smoothed down. This was suppose to be a re-paint only, but the customer is always right (supposedly)!!! If John B. has got the green, then the boys can find some red, blue or yellow!!! Just an update...back to the shop...RM

#28 ·
Gonna be nice Randy...

This 46 has always needed a makeover. Black is fine I suppose, but I guess I was surprised it didn't come out in more colors in later releases. It will look good in any color you shoot at it Randy!!!

By the way.... Are those 2 shop guys wearing black leather pants and black eye masks?? ... What's up with that?? nuther

#29 ·
I agree, with all the other bodies they had out, in every color under the sun... why did they drop the ball here? A two tone would have been great... or at least another version with a white top... something, anything but all black.

Also, a non Back to the Future Deloren would have been cool... I bet a chrome version would have been cool too.

Oh well.... looking forward to the magic this car will most surely undergo "back at the shop"

Put some MOONS on the baby!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.