Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 6006 Posts

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Meyer Bros. stopped by the shop for a little last minute inspecting before they go at it. Blue Austin is on the rack checking rear tire clearance, and the orange Tyco VW is getting the frontend checked. I don't know how this story will end...RM

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
dang !!! that's a beauty!! i like that VW! what kind of diecast the wheels came from? jada? those are right size for tyco bodies..

Wes

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wes, The wheels came from a Maist PRORODZ PROSTREET diecast I picked up at Toys R Us. Comes with a good looking engine also!!! ... RM

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
Wes, The wheels came from a Maist PRORODZ PROSTREET diecast I picked up at Toys R Us. Comes with a good looking engine also!!! ... RM

ahhh perfect man!! thanks!! been having hard time trying to find wheels for my drag cars and i just finished one drag car but dont have the wheels.. i ll keep eye on them at toys r us !!!

Wes

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
That Orange just Pops!

What a nice VW Bug man! Love the blue car also but, VWs have a special spot in my "sentimental brain storage unit". Both cars are Fantastic and that Orange Pops!

I have a few of these bodies by Bruce Gavin sitting in one of my to do someday case. Soon as this Cold that has been wearing me down goes away...Bam going to do one of these VWs up.

You are a true inspiration Hilltop with all the fun builds you post up here on HT. :woohoo:

Going to rest now, Bob...zilla

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is strange BZ!!! If I had added a rear wing and used a MM motor, painted the blower black, Whoa!!! Thanks for posting the diecast thread!!! That 1:1 bug is bad!!! Reckon they need any door stickers??? It's back to the shop...RM

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Smooth 57

Here's a clean up job that came in last week. I try and keep a little work lined up for the the boys. The high price of gas has slowed things down a little at the shop. The boys had done a little work on this Tyco 57 a few years back. This was a blue flamed Tyco 57. The blue flames have been removed, some chrome foil added, a little detail paint work added, just a smooth, clean, ride...RM

·
Registered
4 Posts

Just Like To Know Who Sells The Austin Body. It Looks A Little Shorter Then The One I Have... The One U Have Looks A Lot Better Then The Longer One........

1 - 20 of 6006 Posts