Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been away from Slotcars for quite a while,45 years,and looking at all the available stuff can be a little overwhelming. Well now I've found a track less than a hour away. Haven't been yet due to the fact they were in the process of moving in themselves. One thing I don't understand/see on the internet is the lack of scratchbuilt cars in any classes. They are mostly made with stamped metal chassis. Are the scratchbuilt chassis no longer legal to race with and the only reason to build one would be for personal enjoyment? I know I have a lot of catching up to do and can't wait to get started. Joining Hobby Talk should be a great help!! Ya'll have a good'n. Bojimbo

·
Most Interesting Member
6,313 Posts
Welcome to HobbyTalk!
I think going to your local track and getting a good first hand look at whats out there is your best bet.

I like scratch built chassis. I don't own one of them, but I know some guys that build them. Mostly larger scale stuff but they do build some HO for fun. I think the reason it's become kind of a lost art is because the technology has produced a lot of good chassis over the years, and it's simply easier to buy a ready made chassis. It's also easier to regulate.
Just throwing my thoughts out there.
Again, welcome to the boards!

Rich
www.myspace.com/northtexasslotcars :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks, I ran 1/24 scale and I still have one from '64. Just like I bought it. The box got lost and I can't find any markings anywhere except for a little Ford decal. If I can get a picture of it on here reckon somebody might have an idea as to the make and such? At the track I ran at back then all the races were 'run watcha brung'. It was a hoot. Appreciate the welcome and I'll holler atcha later. have a good'n

1 - 4 of 4 Posts