Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some new members to our family.

My son has an aquarium with several fish, several fiddler crabs and 2 african dwarf toads, and 2 apple snails. Low and behold today we found 4 baby snails in the tank. Man are they tiny. Tyrnan is just tickled pink at the new arrivals. Not sure how many we will end up with as most of the research I have done on the apple snails says they lay between 200-400 eggs in one batch. Unfortunately I did my research a bit too late and may have vacuumed some of them up. Apparently they lay the eggs in a milky white slimy looking substance that floats around and I might have mistook it for just snail slime. OOOPPPS

Anyway they're less than .5 mm big and just adorable. 4 for now hopefully more later. Its kind of hard to spot them unless they are on the wall.

(and two of the 8 fiddler crabs were doing something last nite that looked like we might be having some of them too, unfortunately all the research I have done on them says they will likely not survive as they need near oceanic habitat to survive, its real difficult to breed them in captivity they say)

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well After Cleaning out the Smaller aquarium (we had put one of the larger snails in there to get it away from the other one) I discovered another 22 Baby snails in that tank just scooting along and having a gay old time.
So with the combined total of the large 37 gallon tank and the 10 gallon tank we have approximately 35 baby snails all together (we found more in the big tank too a couple days ago).

ANYONE WANT A BABY SNAIL??????????

·
Registered
44 Posts
Father Snail: No. No, children. I know you're trying to help, but, believe me... ...me mind's made up. I've given this long and careful thought, and it has to be medical experiments for the lot of you.

Baby Snails: Ohh...

:tongue:

Mark Snyder
Seoul, Korea

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
SeoulWind said:
Father Snail: No. No, children. I know you're trying to help, but, believe me... ...me mind's made up. I've given this long and careful thought, and it has to be medical experiments for the lot of you.

Baby Snails: Ohh...

:tongue:

Mark Snyder
Seoul, Korea
"Every snail is sacred. Every snail is great...." :D

- - - - - -

Jeffrey Griffin
Griffworks Shipyards

Star Trek Scale Modeling WebRing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts