Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had my B4 for about 6 months, can anyone tell me how to get more rear traction on slick indoor tracks. Or do I just need to run weak motors.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I would say start with your tire selection. Then look into your current setup.

If anyone else races the B4 and doesn't seem to have your problems, as them.

A really good resource is this site:

www.rc10b4.com Those guys can give you great help.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cain,
I've run the box set-up. I've went to softer springs, harder springs, thinner oil, thicker oil, different pistons, short, long camber links, same tires as everyone else. I'm beginning to think it's just the way the car should be. Just feel it needs more.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
For some reason I always run the bateries in the rear. The car just has the right amount of steering. I read in a magazine tonight that the new FTB4 had #1 pistons all the way around and I assume 30wt. oil. But what caught my eye was the black rear springs. Does anyone know the part number for them. Are these new items.

·
Registered
524 Posts
The kit setup included with the Ft B4 is a pretty cool base setup. It's basically #1's and 30 weight all-around. Brown front springs, black rears, etc....

If you happen to be somebody that started racing on-road first and then moved to a buggy, it may be you. NO OFFENCE at all!!! It's just that I've known lots of touring car racers that start racing off road. They all start off by yanking on the trigger like they're used too, and that will just never work in the dirt. You can't yank, you gotta squeeze the trigger.

With that said, most B4 racers have moved to a setup that is softer all around like the FTB4 kit setup.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At the last big race I went to "Cajun Classic" the track is basically a Losi track, out of the 60 something stock buggy entries there, about 5 to 10 were B4's. I have a LRP 7.1 speedo with the 30 amp chip in it on the #1 program.
I could roll it off the turns, and when I thought it was safe, just kind of apply more throttle, and the rear would start to step out of line. Everything is free and the diff and all that in good shape.

I didn't now if there was some magical setup that just provided more rear bite. lol

Last year when Travis Amezua was there I noticed he had a lot of alum. pieces on his car from Racers Edge with lead weight in the car. I may have to go back and try again with more weight.

Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
160 Posts
-Bodido- i would agree! they yank the throttle and wonder why there not going as fast as others. I have seen a lot of this at my local track. I even talked with a guy that said he was having a problem with "Forward Traction" I told him that offroad is not about how fast your car can go on the straght it how fast your car can get aroud the track, you cant just peg it, all your wheels will do is spin. He replied "I know but i like how fast it goes." :eek:
ARE YOU KIDDING ME :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That makes a lot of sense otto. I went back and reset esc, maybe I have or had something off there. Will see this weekend. I use to could do this smoothly, when I was younger, its hard not to pull the trigger when your getting passed. I've run on the oval here for so long, I think I have to re-train myself. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Batterys are important depending on the track, small tight tracks I'll use 3300mah & big open tracks I'll use 4200mah batterys.

Try adjusting your diff to the point just pass were it will bark, Then free up your slipper just so you can make whatever jump(s) on the track.

Im useing the FT-box set-up & with a smooth finger it works for me. Remember slow & tight is fast!

:jest:

·
Registered
22 Posts
probs with yur b4

:wave: I see you are an associated car driver so here is a couple of tips for you...the black rear springs are the front springs for the offroad T4.need rear traction in corners>>put the 30 degree steering block on the car.need more forward bite...stock settup with rearpistons drilled out with a 1/16 th drill bit.oil>f 35 wt. rear 30 wt.. you didnt mention if the track is loose or hard packed or rough and rutted. :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts