Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! How are y'all? I have another free-bee mower. The drive belt is missing on the Craftsman self-propelled (B&S engine # 12H802 1534-21
96062559). I have taken blade off mower but cannot get the blade attachment
off the mower shaft. I have a gear puller attached with a lot of pressure on
blade attachment,penetrating oil,tapped on & let it set overnight. Next morning
still froze-up. Am I missing something, is this blade attachment threaded on?
I need the plastic belt housing off so I can replace the drive belt.
Can anyone please help me out?

THANKS, willie

·
Registered
810 Posts
I have never seen an externally threaded shaft on the blade end. I am guessing it is just being stubborn.:mad: I have BEAT the living crap out of adapters that would not budge. Luckily they have been parts mowers. Have you tried using a propane torch to heat it up and tap on it with a hammer?

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
A gear puller usually does the job on blade adapters that are stuck like this. I have never seen one that was threaded to the shaft.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I normally do not give up something but this blade adapter is something else. 2 days of gear pulling pressure,penetrating oil,heat, hammering in all directions & *#%&*+!!! inggg =
I give up!!!!
I will parts this mower out.
Thanks Rentahusband & 30yearTech for your input.

willie

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Did you put the blade bolt back in for the gear puller to push against?

Sometimes a little heat from a propane torch helps, and if all else fails, you could cut a slit in one side with cut off tool or hacksaw.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The more I inspect this mower the more I see where it has been transplanted with parts of other mowers. The upper handle bar & control cables are misfits & beat up. The carburetor, after cleaning inside & out, has also been abused with a small hole on the side of bowl. The flywheel cup has orange color rust inside(water line). It looks like the mower may have been setting outside in a ditch for years. The guy that gave it to me did not say where he got this mower. This is why I will parts it out.
THANKS again for the help!!!

willie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts